Polishing traditional finish acoustic cymbals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing traditional finish acoustic cymbals

I have a gig coming up at the end of this week where instead of playing my ekit, I'll be busting out my acoustic cymbals as the venue has an acoustic house kit they would prefer us to use. No big deal. Thing is my set of Zildjian ZBTs is about 10 years old now and not really looking as shiny as they used to. I've never cleaned them ever in the time I've had them, but they also usually live in a soft cymbal bag and are not out in the open unless I'm using them.

I figured it would be a good time to give them a bit of a buff and polish before the gig to make them look all shiny and new again. Also because I've just purchased a new cymbal to add to the set that looks a lot shinier than the others!

I've read the Zildjian "Brilliant Cymbal Finish Polish" is not recommended for these types of cymbals as they have a traditional finish. Instead I was looking at this stuff:

https://www.kosmic.com.au/zildjian-c...0aAtzrEALw_wcB

Will this work? If not, what's the best way to polish them up?

You might want to check the vintage drum forum. There is a section on cymbals. Iíve never had much luck polishing cymbals.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

I really like Barkeeper's Friend in the liquid form for this purpose. I have used it on vintage Avedis with good effect,

Comment

Thanks, Iíll have to give it a try.
        Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Working...
        X