X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ION Evolution

I picked up the ION Drum Rocker to play Rock Band 2 which was my first introduction to Electronic Drums. Right away, GAS caught on. I immediately purchased a Pintech TC-14 as a 3rd cymbal to use as a HiHat and a proper throne.

Soon after, I replaced the stock ION cymbals with Pintech TC-14s and picked up 2 TC-10s for HiHat open and closed. Then replaced the stock pedal with a Roland KD-8 with a Pearl P900 pedal.

GAS still kept going and soon after I replaced the ION brain with an Alesis DM5. I was now able to use the pads as a true electronic drum set. I no longer needed to use it with the game and could play drums with the speakers attached to the DM5.

However, the DM5 was lacking in features to me. I soon replaced it with a Roland TD-9 and then picked up the FD-8 for HiHat. This was really good for playing Rock Band 2.

That was actually how it stayed for several months. Then The Beatles: Rock Band was released. After playing through the game, I got GAS once more. I replaced the stock ION rack with an MDS-9 and picked up a PDX-8.

Well, within a week of picking up the PDX-8, I ventured to the Classifieds section in this forum and got majorly tempted. I ended up getting a PD-105 for snare and 3xPD-85s for toms. I ended up using the PDX-8 as a 4th tom.

This is the Guitar Hero World Tour drum unit with a Midi input for e-drums which lets me use the kit for Rock Band and other games.

And the TD-9 setup for Rock Band using VExpressions Hodge Podge kit.

I have actually replaced the HiHat with a CY-12H and have 3 CY-12R/Cs coming to replace the other cymbals. It should arrive early next week and will definitely take some pictures to update.

Awesome!!! I love seeing GAS in full effect!!! Love it
    Looking for an Affordable Vdrum Set

Comment

hmmm, some good GAS there - but you could've just bought a TD9KX(SX) in the first place....
      E-kit: TD-9KX, VH-11, SPD-S, SPD-30, VEX
      A-kits: Gretsch Catalina, Whitney nesting drums, 50s Vintage Premier Jazz, Gretsch 10" Snare, various Zildjian As, 2x1950s Avedis Zildjian 18" Crash/Rides

Videos

The Dust Revival Band

Spinifex Rose

Kristy Lewis and the Wretched

Wayfaring Strangers

Comment

WOW. How much did you spend on all the revisions?

Probably could have bought TWO td-9s by now....
        *TDW-20* KD-8 w/Iron Cobra single, PD-125, PD-80R, VH-11, PD-8(X3), CY-12R/C, CY-8(X2), older MDS-6 rack with additional lower crossbar for support, Roc 'n' Soc Nitro, ATH-M50 and MDR-7506

Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think...

Comment

I didn't really spend that much. Got everything used at a good deal. The Roland Kits in Canada are way too overpriced. It's much cheaper in the US. Which is why I order everything from US.

Another main reason for not getting a Roland Kit right away is the wife factor.

Comment

Frankenstein's drumkit. It just.........kept.............(whispered while crying)..growing. Nice kit.
            Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

That's awesome man.

Ofcoarse one day soon you will be standing there looking at your kit and just out of curiosity see what that PD-105 looks like as a tom. Whooops! It's GAS time again!!

Comment

Haha, yup 3 CY12's coming from me just shipped out yesterday, you'll have them by Friday. More pics please!

.Adam.
                Check out my NEW eBay Store: V-Drum Emporium!

Comment

Great evolution!

My kit went through stages as well, but I think It's finally stopped changing for now. (Not because I ran out of GAS, but because I ran out of CASH)

Oh and do yourself a favor and don't look into diamond electronic drums. It'll give you the biggest GAS attack of your life.
                  give quiche a chance

Comment

GAS GAS GAS don't ya love it.
                    Hehe cool I love watching the gas effect in motion.
                    NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamCooney View Post
                      Haha, yup 3 CY12's coming from me just shipped out yesterday, you'll have them by Friday. More pics please!

.Adam.
                      Nice! Can't wait to get those 3.

I think after the cymbals I should be done for a while. I need to work on my drumming next.

This is actually not the worst case of GAS that I have. That's reserved for my Photography Hobby. This doesn't even come close to that.

Comment

You're filling up that MDS-9 rack pretty quickly!!
                        More hardware than skill!!

GAS has taken over!! MY KIT
                        TDW-20 | VEX kits | PD-125 x 3 | PD-105 x 2 | CY-14c x 2 | CY-15r x 1 | KD-120 | CY-12r/c x 2

Hardware: Iron Cobra Lever Glide | Iron Cobra Power Glide Kick Pedal | DIY GHWT Midi Controller

Comment

How long did this take?

At this rate, your kit will gain self-consciousness by... 2011...
                          My compact kit.

"Praise Him with PD-125 on TD-10exp... praise Him with the clash of CY-8, praise Him with resounding CY-15R." Psalm 150

Comment

Dude , with GAS that bad you better see a doctor , i don't think you're going to survive.

Fly

Comment

I think we need to see you play it.
                              Music is not my passion, it's my obsession...
                              www.oblyvion.com
                              Facebook:[Scych]
                              You Tube Scychful
                              Twitter:@Raakinn

Comment

Working...
                              X