X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Compact Setup

I suppose I can post this since I finally have a V-Drum in my kit.

It's an extremely simple setup:

1 Yamaha KP-65
    3 Yamaha TP-60
    2 Yamaha PCY-60
    1 DIY Pintech Practice Cymbal
    1 Kit Toys China
    1 Roland PD-100 (!!!)

All through an Alesis DM5 into my computer running DFH Superior. I love this setup, and it's soooo much fun to play!!

P.S. That's a keyboard sustain pedal for my hihat open/close.

The TP-60 on the far right is my ride.

Here's a close up of the DM5 mounted.

Me: Twitter | MySpace | Facebook | Home
    My Bands: Etheria | Order of Týr

That is compact! I especially like the vertical DM5 mount.
    sigpic

Comment

I like the way the roland tube is mounted to the cymbal stand. Nifty idea
      Roland TD-8, CY-12H, CY-14, CY-15
      Clear Acrylic Kit......Coming Soon

Comment

Yeah, man. That thing looks like a blast!

***Insert SWEET gear here*** :D

Comment

LOVE the vert mounted D5!
          Very cool kit- sometimes I'm jealous of the small kits - I shudder to think of moving mine...as far as M.Render here- dude - do you EVER move that kit of yours?
          TD-20 + TDW Expansion w/ Vexpressions: Top50Drummers v2, and Master Picks1&2, VDrumLib for Mac + 1 addl CY8, +1 addl CY14, Custom PDP rack, DW9000 Cable remote HH, Axis Longboard Double Pedal, Roland KC500 Amp, BBE362, dbx EQ,. Recording: MiniDisc. Acoustic Kit : Tama Starclassic & Sabian Cymbals. Vintage 1960's Ludwig white satin finish snare-the heirloom my MOM played that started it all!!!

Comment

Sweet kit! It's gotta be one of the most compact ones I've seen. Good idea with the vertical module. Say, that pintech practice cymbal wasn't converted following my technique, was it?

5-pc Tama Imperialstar A to E kit
            Check my DIY out: eDIY
            (Updated as of October 21st)
            Read my feedback

Comment

Originally posted by mike323
              Sweet kit! It's gotta be one of the most compact ones I've seen. Good idea with the vertical module. Say, that pintech practice cymbal wasn't converted following my technique, was it?
              Thanks for all the compliments, guys!

Actually Mike, what I did was a bit less advanced than what you did. I just made a Beatnik mini-trigger then stuck it to the cymbal with double-sided foam tape. It triggers very well, and I'm hoping to get some sound dampening material for it and the China soon.

...and whippingboy, that's exactly why I tried to make this setup as compact and easy-to-move as possible. I have to say that carrying this kit, my computer, and an LCD monitor around is much easier than hauling an A-kit. Plus, this sounds way better!

Comment

Hey, jordan didn't you play in a black Metal band a while back.
                "Lux et Verites" or something like that and another named "The Arms of Gorro"
                Pearl Export D.I.Y. in progress, gibraltar direct-drive double pedals Sabian B8 splashes and ride, B8 pro crashes and china splash, Zildjian zil-bell, Wuhan chinas :p

Comment

Originally posted by iron blast
                  Hey, jordan didn't you play in a black Metal band a while back.
                  "Lux et Verites" or something like that and another named "The Arms of Gorro"
                  Yes sir. Lux et Veritas was just the label I've given to all of the music I've written on my own. We're actually using some of it in Order of Tyr (see the link below for some other stuff).

I played guitar in Arms of Goro, but I wrote all of that music, too. Unfortunately, our drummer flaked out on that stuff, and we couldn't find anyone else.

Comment

I like your new bands stuff alot it just needs some vocals. It is really hard finding vocalist for power metal though, good luck.
                    Pearl Export D.I.Y. in progress, gibraltar direct-drive double pedals Sabian B8 splashes and ride, B8 pro crashes and china splash, Zildjian zil-bell, Wuhan chinas :p

Comment

Thanks, man!

Comment

Originally posted by jordanb
                        then stuck it to the cymbal with double-sided foam tape
                        As a suggestion, I think you should put some screws in because that box will probably fall off eventually (it happened a lot with me very frustrating )

5-pc Tama Imperialstar A to E kit
                        Check my DIY out: eDIY
                        (Updated as of October 21st)
                        Read my feedback

Comment

Working...
                        X