X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wing nuts or standard thread sizes

On the KD-8, I wish I didn't have to use a drum key to break down the pedal…taking those two screws in & out increases the chance of loss and is a pain just to screw & unscrew with a drum key. While we're wishing, they should come up with a better way on the DW two legged hi-hat stand too….4 bolts and you have to use a drum key.

DRUM COMPANIES….leave the drum key for head tensioning….wing nuts is the way to go!!!!
    • compact e kit: SPD 30, KD9, FD8, PD8, PD85, Yamaha PCY-65S, QSC K12, Mackie 402VLZ3 mixer
    • a kits: '90's 7pc Yamaha Maple Custom, Pearl Rhythm Traveler
    • snare drums: DW Edge 6x14, Tama Artwood 5x14, Brady 7x12, Tama 5x13, Pearl 4x13 & MRP 3x13

Agreed: I have a PDP double kick pedal which needs a drum key to tighten the clamp onto the hoop of an acoustic bass drum; complete pain in the ass.

How come guitarists get to have their twiddly bits permanently attached?

Bruce
    • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
    • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
      Agreed: I have a PDP double kick pedal which needs a drum key to tighten the clamp onto the hoop of an acoustic bass drum; complete pain in the ass.

How come guitarists get to have their twiddly bits permanently attached?

Bruce
      Agree. But some higher end pedals do have wingnut clamps for the hoop.
      So we probably can fix that.
      Triggers: Roland TD-30; PD-125s, PD-105s; KD-120, VH-11, CY-15R, CY-14Cs, CY-12C, BT-1, Hart Dynamics Hammer
      Hardware: Gibraltar 9600 Series (SN/HH/Pedal), Short Booms, Tube Clamps, Grabbers, Road Series Chrome Clamps on 2 x MDS-9 Rack Tube sets
      Other: Roland SPD-S, Korg WaveDrum, Superior Drummer (all SDXs and 3 EZXs), Roland DP-2 Pedals

Comment

Hey Rythemtip cool to see you have a brady snare.They're made in a small workshop in my old neck of the woods in Perth western Australia and are awesome.

Never seen a peddal that didn't have wing nuts for mounting to the hoop.I've got a DW7000 and a sonor pedal.The sonor has a massive wing nut on the side so you dont have to put your hand under the foot plate which s pretty cool.My sonor bass drum actualy has wing nuts on the top half for quick adjustments while your gigging.

Can't see why you couldn't buy a wing nut and replace the lugs.should only cost a couple of bucks.
        sigpic
        E-kit ROLAND TD-9,TMC-6,3x PD85,1xCY5,1xCY8,1xCY12R/C,3x8"kt splash's,2x14"KT chinas,DW7000 DB pdl

A-kit SONOR S-CLASS,10"12"14" toms,15"hihats,14"Xhats,8"and 10" splash's,16"and17" crashes,20"china,22"ride

Comment

Yeah, the Brady is a killer snare.... Mine is a 7x12 Jarrah wood.

I was not talking about the kick pedal having wing nuts, I was talking about the Roland KD 8 kick trigger. In order to set the pedal up and pack it up (lay it flat), you have to remove two short screws with a drum key. They could have used wing nuts for that. I guess I will scout out Home Depot for a suitable wing nut, but should I have to?
          • compact e kit: SPD 30, KD9, FD8, PD8, PD85, Yamaha PCY-65S, QSC K12, Mackie 402VLZ3 mixer
          • a kits: '90's 7pc Yamaha Maple Custom, Pearl Rhythm Traveler
          • snare drums: DW Edge 6x14, Tama Artwood 5x14, Brady 7x12, Tama 5x13, Pearl 4x13 & MRP 3x13

Comment

Originally posted by Rhythmtip View Post
            Yeah, the Brady is a killer snare.... Mine is a 7x12 Jarrah wood.

I was not talking about the kick pedal having wing nuts, I was talking about the Roland KD 8 kick trigger. In order to set the pedal up and pack it up (lay it flat), you have to remove two short screws with a drum key. They could have used wing nuts for that. I guess I will scout out Home Depot for a suitable wing nut, but should I have to?
            Awesome you got the jarrah.No better wood then jarrah.

That makes more sense.I'm sure you'll find one easily enough and they should do it,makes things easy.
            sigpic
            E-kit ROLAND TD-9,TMC-6,3x PD85,1xCY5,1xCY8,1xCY12R/C,3x8"kt splash's,2x14"KT chinas,DW7000 DB pdl

A-kit SONOR S-CLASS,10"12"14" toms,15"hihats,14"Xhats,8"and 10" splash's,16"and17" crashes,20"china,22"ride

Comment

Working...
            X