X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy mesh pads and a cy-12

Hi everyone! My name's Panos and I'm in South Australia. I started with a TD-3 just a couple of years ago and mostly used it for working on my own songs at room but a couple of months ago starting drumming in a band with it and found myself wanting something 'better'. So first, based on some of the advice I read around the place I decided to upgrade the snare from a PD-8 to a PD-85.. huge difference! After that I realised I needed a better sound set than the TD-3 and after a lot of searching managed to find a TD-9 module for 500 and talked the guy down to 450.

Sold my TD-3 earlier today for 200 and now I'm thinking I need to systematically replace my other plastic pads with mesh, it's just too drastic a difference in feel plus I'm starting to hurt my wrists. As well as that, I hard the loud click I get hitting the plastic cymbals that came with the TD-3 so I'd love to find one or two cy-12s.

So.. is anyone selling anything? I don't mind getting a cheaper pad that I can add a mesh head to myself. I really need to be careful about my money at the moment as I'm about to get married in a month but at the same time, I need to upgrade these drums!

Great to meet you all, it's mostly thanks to this forum that I got the 'bug' to upgrade my kit in the first place and the great advice on where to start!

cheers

Panos
    TD9, CY-5 (hi-hat), 2x CY-8 (cymbal and ride), PD-85 (snare), PDX-8 (floor tom), 3x PD-8 (2 rack toms and second cymbal), KD-8 w/ Tama Power Glide kick pedal, spare PD-8 (might sell or mount as cowbell?)

Welcome to the forum! Have Fun!
    8 piece DIY Acrylic http://www.quartzpercussions.com/, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions http://stealthdrums.com/Home_Page.html, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid http://drumagination.com/ , Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting http://jeredsystems.com/index.php
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

welcome to the forum :=
      TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
      HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum!

After bidding on a few things on eBay I've found I 'accidentally' won a pdx-8.. Will install it as a floor Tom.. Now to find a cheap cy-12..
        Last edited by vague_hit; 04-15-12, 08:16 PM.
        TD9, CY-5 (hi-hat), 2x CY-8 (cymbal and ride), PD-85 (snare), PDX-8 (floor tom), 3x PD-8 (2 rack toms and second cymbal), KD-8 w/ Tama Power Glide kick pedal, spare PD-8 (might sell or mount as cowbell?)

Comment

Great move mate, I brought a TD4k2 and within about 1 hour of playing realised that the rubber pads had to go.. I upgraded to PDX8's then to a PD105 for snare and PD85 for toms also got a CY 12r/c. Ive since upgraded to a TD9 Module.. GAS is addictive. all the best mate.
          eKit TD9 v2 with - PD105X(S) -PD85(T1&2) - PD105(T3&4) - CY12R/C - CY12C - CY15R - VH11 - KD9 - Audio Technica M50. aKit Pearl Masters MCX with ludwig supraphonic snare, Zidljian A, Z & K Custom cymbals

Comment

Accidentally won a PDX-8... don't feed us the same story you feed the missus

South Australia eh? Welcome to the forum. A stack of aussies here.
            2 x 2Box Drumit5 Modules, PD125, 4 x PD85, 4 x 10 PPD (Pan/Pipe Drum) DIYs, KD-120, VH12s, 4 x CY-12R, 1 x CY-15R, 1 x 8" Kit Toy Splash, 1 x 10" Kit Toy Splash, Kit Toy 13" China (Single Zone), PD7, Roland SPD-11, Roland SPD-S, Drum-tec rack, Pearl Throne.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgit View Post
              I brought a TD4k2 and within about 1 hour of playing realised that the rubber pads had to go.. I upgraded to PDX8's then to a PD105 for snare and PD85 for toms also got a CY 12r/c. Ive since upgraded to a TD9 Module.. .
              What an unusual story. Anyone else suffered/ing for lack of equipment fulfillment?
              Beater-tester. digitalDrummer
              Review index

Comment

I might just add that I got my upgrades from "Tazed" the resident Melbourne expert in all things Roland.. Top bloke to deal with, always happy to help out. He started with a TD4 then a Td9 and now has a TD12.. GAS is a serious problem for him, and its contagious
                eKit TD9 v2 with - PD105X(S) -PD85(T1&2) - PD105(T3&4) - CY12R/C - CY12C - CY15R - VH11 - KD9 - Audio Technica M50. aKit Pearl Masters MCX with ludwig supraphonic snare, Zidljian A, Z & K Custom cymbals

Comment

thanks for all the support, everyone. I feel like I've joined a GAS Anonymous group! You're right, twistedmellow, it was barely an accident :P I just wasn't expecting to win. I have it now and it's installed in the floor tom position, will make final judgement on it at band practice on wednesday. Eventually I think I'll have PD-85s across my toms and use the PDX-8 as a kick, based on what I've seen others do.

I really cant handle the 'thwack' when I hit the plastic cymbals that came with the TD-3 but I'm banned from buying more drum parts till I get back from my honeymoon is it bad to ask for edrum parts as wedding presents?

Comment

Originally posted by vague_hit View Post
                    I really cant handle the 'thwack' when I hit the plastic cymbals that came with the TD-3 but I'm banned from buying more drum parts till I get back from my honeymoon is it bad to ask for edrum parts as wedding presents?
                    I'd say go for it!
                    No better time than now. 'The wife' in this early stage is probably still a lot more generous towards G.A.S. and are relatively unaware how gear-money can eat up vacation budgets. After all, Wifeys don't get G.A.S-friendlier with increasing years of marriage.

Welcome to the forum!
                    Greetings from Switzerland,
                    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                    X