Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD-8 problem

Hey guys,
    FD-8 controller stopped working completely. Cables and connections seem to be totally fine and reset didn't help either. Any ideas what could the problem possibly be? maybe something inside the pedal that requires opening it?
    I hope something can be done.
    Any help would be appreciated.

It would be unusual for an FD-8 to fail completely. Have you tried a different cable?

Bruce
    • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
    • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Yes, I have tried a different cable and no change. At first I had to push down hard to be able to close the hi-hat and then after a while it stopped working completely. I can't close the hi-hat so I had to change the sound to a fixed HH as a temporary solution. It's very limiting though so I really hope the pedal can be fixed somehow.

Comment

In that case it seems that you can only take the FD-8 pedal apart and check for an internal broken connection, although a good cleaning inside may be sufficient.

Bruce
        • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
        • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Ok, I guess there's no other choice.
          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X