Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the forum log me out after a given period of time?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does the forum log me out after a given period of time?

This is very frustrating!! It doesn't matter if I am actively reading posts or not. I get timed out after about 10 minutes or so unless I am constantly responding to posts or clicking links!!
    I just got through writing a fairly lengthy post in the showcase section. Once I got done, I hit the submit button and it said I couldn't submit my post because I was not logged on! I hit the back button and my post was still there in edit mode. I scrolled up to the top of the screen and it showed I was still logged in... what's the deal with that??!!

When I tried to hit submit again, it still said I was not logged in, but this time when I hit the back button, it didn't take me back to my post. I lost the entire thing and have to start over. That really sucks!!

Just had to vent. I am going to go back and try it again but I don't know how to keep myself logged in if it takes me too long to write what I have to say!

Mark
    www.RemedyRocksKC.com

TD-20/TDW-20 / TD-10/TDW-1 / MDS-20 Rack / Roland Octapad / VH-12 HH / CY-5 HH/splash with FD-7 controller / 4 PCY135 crash cymbals / CY15R ride / Cow Paddy / 2 PD-7s for high rack toms / 2 PD-100 rack toms / 2 PD-120 floor toms / PD-120 snare / PD-9 for second snare and effects / 2 KD-7 kick triggers / Roland S220 sampler / 2 Nady PSW18 subs / 2 RCF ART312A's for mid/highs / Crown xti1000 power amp and a partridge in a pear tree!

That sounds like a local issue. Try clearing your cache and reading this thread for possible other issues.
    Alan

Comment

I'll get on it. Thanks for the reply!

Mark
      www.RemedyRocksKC.com

TD-20/TDW-20 / TD-10/TDW-1 / MDS-20 Rack / Roland Octapad / VH-12 HH / CY-5 HH/splash with FD-7 controller / 4 PCY135 crash cymbals / CY15R ride / Cow Paddy / 2 PD-7s for high rack toms / 2 PD-100 rack toms / 2 PD-120 floor toms / PD-120 snare / PD-9 for second snare and effects / 2 KD-7 kick triggers / Roland S220 sampler / 2 Nady PSW18 subs / 2 RCF ART312A's for mid/highs / Crown xti1000 power amp and a partridge in a pear tree!

Comment

I did manage to get my post up in the Showcase section (shameless plug...) . Just had to say less and post more pics!

Thanks again,

Mark
        www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

Originally posted by daebado View Post
          This is very frustrating!! It doesn't matter if I am actively reading posts or not. I get timed out after about 10 minutes or so unless I am constantly responding to posts or clicking links!!
          I just got through writing a fairly lengthy post in the showcase section. Once I got done, I hit the submit button and it said I couldn't submit my post because I was not logged on! I hit the back button and my post was still there in edit mode. I scrolled up to the top of the screen and it showed I was still logged in... what's the deal with that??!!

When I tried to hit submit again, it still said I was not logged in, but this time when I hit the back button, it didn't take me back to my post. I lost the entire thing and have to start over. That really sucks!!

Just had to vent. I am going to go back and try it again but I don't know how to keep myself logged in if it takes me too long to write what I have to say!

Mark
          2 things I always do, and that I've passed on to at least one other member in the past:

1. Make sure you click on the "Remember Me" block with the log-in section.

2. Depending on what type of computer you're using, in most cases - when you're composing a message, keep a word processing (Microsoft Word/Works, etc) file open also. Copy and paste your message to the open file, and save it in the open file, before you try to post it. If it's an anywhere-near long message, periodically copy and paste what you've composed so far, in stages, until you're done. Or - compose the complete message first on the Word/Works/etc open file, save it, then copy and paste it from there to your message on the forum.

That way, your chances of losing it are next to none. I have one running open file that I use to compose/save all entries I put on any forum. Not only can you quickly retrieve/transfer any message if it doesn't enter properly, but you can easily retrieve it for future reference at a later date if you need to post a similar/same reply on the same or a different forum.

Between these and what Alan posted above, you'll probably never lose a message again before you get it successfully posted...
          Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

I always copy my long replies as well.
            Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ V Expressions View Post
              I always copy my long replies as well.
              Me too....because every time I don't...THAT'S when the forum craps out on me.
              8 piece DIY Acrylic http://www.quartzpercussions.com/, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions http://stealthdrums.com/Home_Page.html, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid http://drumagination.com/ , Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting http://jeredsystems.com/index.php
              http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Exactly.
                Alan

Comment

Thanks for the advice, gentlemen. Seems I always learn best when I learn it the hard way!

Mark
                  www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

Wow, that's never happened to me. You must have offended the forum spirits. I recommend offering libations and a monetary sacrifice.
                    TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Fullback32 View Post
                      Wow, that's never happened to me. You must have offended the forum spirits. I recommend offering libations and a monetary sacrifice.
                      Spirits for spirits! Now THAT'S Karma!

Mark
                      www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

Build yourself an altar out of Gibraltar parts...!
                        Last edited by hairmetal-81; 03-04-13, 04:25 PM.
                        Greetings from Switzerland,
                        - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                        X