X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charting Songs - Drum tabs

I've joined a new band with a long song list, the guitar(s)/organ/vocalist have charted each song with a short hand notation system that works well. I have been trying to develop a similar system to help me with memory and a "Q" while playing in practice as well as on stage at gigs.

I've noticed a few styles of tabs and standard music notation on the "NET" that with some practice I could master, but I'm wondering what might be out there that helps with this issue?

Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Lindz
    TD-20W, Roland Emu Procussion, Midy Kitty, Daws Pads, Spike Triggers, DYI Cymbal
    Reaper, Superior Drummer 2.0, ProTools 9

I usually just chart intros and endings, with maybe a verse pattern, chorus patten, etc..75e4886f9ef31fdb7ae120a8b83ce0b4.jpg Here's an example of one that's worked well for me, as I was mostly familiar with the basic beats.

251c3b2bface499a81123e9b4d0a8ef4.jpgHere's one that was a little more involved, and that I really didn't know at all. This got me through the few - and far between - gigs where we did this song.

Finally, I scan these to PDF and load them into the iPad's GigBook app. Really makes it a breeze to get through those nights of unfamiliar music.

Comment

Thanks!

looking up easydrunchart.com

This is similar to a few thing I found on the net. but added a little notation. Looks promising.

I found musescore.com and am trying to link the TD-20 to transcribe the song directly into notation then reduce it and simplify for the stage. Might be a lot of work, I'll see.
      Lindz
      TD-20W, Roland Emu Procussion, Midy Kitty, Daws Pads, Spike Triggers, DYI Cymbal

Comment

I went to easydrumchart.com and found exactly what I was looking for. I got the book and recordings of the method and am ready to chart away. I wonder if there is a site where drummers can share their charts? I will be doing 60-80 charts in the next few weeks and would upload them if others would do the same.

Thanks again for the tip!
        Lindz

Comment

Do you want to post or send me a list of songs you need to chart? If I have any of those that I've done myself, I'm certainly willing to share. They may not be exactly in your preferred format, but might be a shortcut nonetheless. Maybe others would do the same.

Comment

Working...
          X