Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clearly, Buddy Rich Suffered from Machine Gunning ;-)

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearly, Buddy Rich Suffered from Machine Gunning ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53cxG...eature=related

He IS a machine!!

Mark
    www.RemedyRocksKC.com

TD-20/TDW-20 / TD-10/TDW-1 / MDS-20 Rack / Roland Octapad / VH-12 HH / CY-5 HH/splash with FD-7 controller / 4 PCY135 crash cymbals / CY15R ride / Cow Paddy / 2 PD-7s for high rack toms / 2 PD-100 rack toms / 2 PD-120 floor toms / PD-120 snare / PD-9 for second snare and effects / 2 KD-7 kick triggers / Roland S220 sampler / 2 Nady PSW18 subs / 2 RCF ART312A's for mid/highs / Crown xti1000 power amp and a partridge in a pear tree!

Comment

hes doing singles faster than my metronome will click. (250bpm)
      Tama Starclassic B/B
      8x10, 9x12, 14x16, 18x22

DW Collectors on its way!!!
      8x10 VLT, 8x12 VLT, 12x14 X, 14x16 VLX, 18x22 VLX+, 6x14 VLT Snare

Comment

awesome!!!! I wish I could do singles that fast!! LOL!!!
        NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff.

Comment

He is absolutely incredible. There's no doubt about that.

Comment

i always laugh when i see him hit the overhead mics, every time i see this video. great drumming by the best drummer of all time
            proud owner of 2box drumit5 mk2
            www.emag.digitaldrummermag.com/
            best e-drum magazine in the whole universe

iola 11
            http://www.facebook.com/iola11
            www.reverbnation.com/iola11
            https://soundcloud.com/iola11
            https://twitter.com/iola11band
            www.youtube.com/iola11band
            www.myspace.com/iola11

Comment

Best drummer in history IMO
              TD-9 Ver 2 + TMC-6; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; KD-9; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 2; Kit Toy Crash 12" x 1 w/ Choke; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splashes 10" x 2 w/ Chokes; CY-5/FD-7; Pintech Dingbat used as Cow-Bell; TDA-700 & Simmons DA200S; Pearl 902 Double Pedal

Comment

I love Buddy. Funny thing is if you listen to his solos a lot, they kinda start sounding the same after awhile. I think his real talent is how he played with other people. If you take a listen to his album with Hampton you will be astounded with how he subtlety interacts with the piano and vibes. It's quite magical and more impressive to me than 5000 bpm

Comment

Here he is in a trio setting playing some super sweet brushes.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgU5qZi2TOs

Comment

Super sweet playing all up I reckon, amazing piano and bass too thanks for posting this very nice!
                    NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff.

Comment

I always wondered how interesting how it would be if he was a modern drummer, even if he played jazz. Would he still be considered the best?

Comment

Either the above post is spam or the workings of a very stoned mind. Generate the furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits, indeed.
                        Bwahahahaha!
                        "To play without passion is inexcuseable"

DIY A-E conversion 6 piece
                        Alesis Trigger IO
                        DIY hi hat Controller
                        Superior 2.0

Comment

Originally posted by audiopat View Post
                          Either the above post is spam or the workings of a very stoned mind. Generate the furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits, indeed.
                          Bwahahahaha!
                          It was posted by a "creative" spammer, has been deleted, and the spammer banned.

That happens all through the day and night - we're constantly Moderating this scum...
                          Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

And we appreciate the vigilant moderating!
                            Man oh man could Buddy Rich play, great drummer, and an interesting personality. Actually, can anyone recommend any Buddy biographies?
                            "To play without passion is inexcuseable"

DIY A-E conversion 6 piece
                            Alesis Trigger IO
                            DIY hi hat Controller
                            Superior 2.0

Comment

Did I miss something????

Comment

Working...
                              X