X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate kx15 for personal monitor

Hi, my search for a personal monitor continues. Has anyone used the Crate kx-15 keyboard amp with their vdrums? I tried CryptoKnight's "monitor on a budget" and it works ok, but Tom 3 on my Vpro rattles my poor little gaming system badly. Any suggestions for a small, portable monitor would be great. It doesn't need to be loud, just so I can hear it. And of course, cheap is good. Thanks for any input.

Bland
    V-Pro with a few V-cymbals and an expanded TD-10; Peavey KB4.

Terrible, terrible, terrible for e-drums.

I have one and my drums sound like **** on them !!! Tried every possible improvements/ tweaking and I do not recommend. The speaker is small, does not capture all the ranges for e-drums. I got really dissapointed but it was my fault - I should have gotten something better like a PM-3 (if it is for monitoring) or a portable PA ..... but was fooled by the price $ 100 and something, the eq (which is good for my guitar though) and forgot that it has only 12 watts and a 8"speaker ....

It was disappointing hearing something thorugh the headphones, but when it came to show to the family/friends that bad sound of th KX15 - definively not for e-drums ....

Now I use it only for my guitar .....

Important note : I have judged the KX15 only for use with the e-drums .... it has headphones input, equalizer (four band ) a limiter, two channel and output ....... and is light ....you can move it around the house even after few beers

Pimenta
    Yamaha DTX950
    M-Audio fast Track Ultra/Dell XPS I7 8GB RAM
    Tracktion 3/ Reaper
    Superior Drummer and BFD2 (all exp. packs)

Comment

Thanks for the info Pimenta. I kind of figured that it wouldn't work well. I just don't want something else big and heavy to move around.

That wouldn't be Kalik your drinking is it? Thanks again!

Bland
      V-Pro with a few V-cymbals and an expanded TD-10; Peavey KB4.

Comment

Man, when I do not find the Corona ... Kalik does the job!!!!

Pimenta
        Yamaha DTX950
        M-Audio fast Track Ultra/Dell XPS I7 8GB RAM
        Tracktion 3/ Reaper
        Superior Drummer and BFD2 (all exp. packs)

Comment

Working...
        X