Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TD-4K2 owner - first electronic set - anything I need to know?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TD-4K2 owner - first electronic set - anything I need to know?

Hey guys

I just purchased my first electronic set (TD-4K2). I've played acoustic sets for 10 years, but after getting married and moving into a new house, I figured it was time to move on to the electronic set so as not to drive the wife insane.

Been out of drumming for about three years, but hoping this new set will get me back to where I used to be.

Is there anything I need to know regarding maintenance or anything that's different than using an acoustic set?

Thanks
    Roland TD-4K2

Welcome to the forum.

Just know that the kit isnt totally silent, so the stick sound might still be annoying to the wife, you might have to see how to get around that (by getting her earphones, or having the telly play over the kit noise, or isolating the drum room, etc).
    TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
    HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

Welcome to the club mate!

Enjoy your new kit!

Kenny
      TD9 - V2 UPGRADE - MASTERS 50 VEXPACK - TMC6 - CHROME DIXON AND GIBRALTAR RACK - 12" CARRERA SHELL CUSTOM SNARE - 2 10" CUSTOM TOMS - 2 12" CUSTOM FLOOR TOMS - TRIGGERA KRIGG BASS PEDAL - CY12RC RIDE - 2 CY12RC CRASHES - TRIGGERA D11 11" SPLASH - 2 KIT TOYS SPLASHES - PCY130 - TRIGGERA D14 14" CHINA - ATH-M30 HEADPHONES - eCOWBELL -YAMAHA MG102C MIXER

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
        Welcome to the forum.

Just know that the kit isnt totally silent, so the stick sound might still be annoying to the wife, you might have to see how to get around that (by getting her earphones, or having the telly play over the kit noise, or isolating the drum room, etc).
        One of the major pluses about the new house was the presence of an "office" downstairs that became the man room.

So the drums are going in there, and it's separated from the living room by the *******. Don't THINK it'll be that bad, but we'll see. We also have a spare bedroom upstairs they could go to that definitely wouldn't be a problem if they're too loud.
        Roland TD-4K2

Comment

Welcome on the electronic side of the percussive world!

Congrats on your new TD-4K2 kit!
          If you were used to tune your heads pretty low on your acoustics, just make sure you tighten them a fair bit more on the TD-4 pads. If the meshheads are tuned too loose, you might risk damaging the sensor!
          Last edited by hairmetal-81; 04-07-12, 09:48 AM.
          Greetings from Switzerland,
          - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

I, too, was/am an acoustic set player who bought a TD4 as my first e-kit so, yeah, there is something VERY important both you and your wife need to know...

...which is that within 6 months you'll be drooling over a TD9 or a 12 or a 20 or a 30 and you will, without question, buy one. This e-drum sh*t is worse than motorcycles and boats...

Comment

Working...
            X