X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I?

I bought Yamaha DTX 950K for about 2 months. I have an acoustic drum also. My guitarist keep telling me that I should buy Roland SPD-30 for on stage and other purposes. Even though I think I don't need Roland SPD-30 when I have Yamaha DTX 950K, I would also like to ask you guys wheter I should buy Roland SPD-30 or not. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum

why does the guitarist want you to buy a spd30? what does he want you to play with it?
    TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
    HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

nothing specific actually. He says; "there are too many bands using spd's such as blonde redhead and radiohead to give examples from mainstreem bands, and if they are using it then it must be something usefull." I told him that yamaha dtx 950k seems much more complex but as he insists, I get confused.

Comment

Unless he wants you to loop a phrase, or take the spd INSTEAD of the yammie, as being easier to transport, I dont see the need....I can see a SPD-SX if you want to use your own samples, though the yammie does that as well.

tell your guitarist to mind his own business.
        TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
        HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

The DTX 950 is essentially a Motif in a little box. I can't imagine why you'd need that *and* the SPD-30.

www.dauphinehotel.com
          www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
          www.digitaldrummermag.com
          Mix and Match Heaven: TD-12 or EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, Hart Acupad toms, Roland CY-5 mounted on a Hart Ecymbal II Pro Pedal, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" bass, 2 Roland CY-14 crashes, two Concept 1 cymbals, a Yamaha PCY-10, all on a red Roland V-Sessions rack. Pads on hiatus: PD-7, Kit Toy Splash, Hart single-zone HH, Alesis DMPad ride and an entire Concept 1 kit.

Comment

I would get a Mattel Synsonics drum unit and tell the guitarist it's an SPD-30. Problem solved!
            Alesis DM10 Module, S&S Industries Stinger XL snare & Stinger P1 toms, Alesis DMPad cymbals, Roland PD-8 & KD-7, Gibraltar rack/hardware, Tama hardware, Hart Maxxum/Magnum Mesh Heads, Roland KC-350 amp, ATH-M50s headphones

Comment

thank you for your help guys

Comment

Working...
              X