X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH11 and MS40DR amp questions

Hey, I've been playing my TD-9K2 for a bit now and I've got some questions about the VH11 and the Yamaha MS40DR amp. I'm looking to buy those products.

I understand that the VH11 uses both the HH and HCC cables, so I wont be able to use my FD-8 anymore. There are a couple of kits in my module that use a tom as a second hi-hat, will I still be able to control that? Will they open and close along with the VH11? FD-8 always controls both hi-hats so I need to be sure.

About the hi hat stand. I don't have a lot of money to spend and my drum stands on a pretty thick layer of carpet. I'm afraid that the stand is going to wobble, especially if it's a cheap one. I would also like to avoid three legged ones incase I get a double bass pedal. So I checked if I could attach the hi hat stand to my rack and use a cheap two-legged or a no-legged one. A gibraltar no legged one(link) is in my budget and I guess that's a pretty good brand as well. I was just wondering how that works, like if I can use a normal Roland clamp for it (no idea if a hi hat stand fits through that?). I'm also assuming that a stand clamped to the rack is rock solid, right?

The Yamaha MS40DR amp (pic)... I want to get this one since it's got seperate speakers to attach to the rack and I'd love to get sounds coming from different sides, and the PM30 is way too expensive (MS40DR is about 275). However this one is made for the Yamaha DTX kits. My question is if anyone knows if this works on a Roland rack? Would be cool if anyone knows whether it's good/bad too, I haven't found many reviews..

Thanks!
    TD-9K2, Metal Mania VEX.

If you UTFSE, you'll discover this very question was recently asked and answered:

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.p...ghlight=MS40DR

The original poster provides a link to the owner's manual for they Yammie. In post 12 I state that it will work fine and should mount fine on the TD-9 rack.

As for the rest of your questions, I don't have an answer on the FD-8 question, maybe Bruce (BarT) will see this and opine. Regarding the rack stability, yes, if you strap it to the rack, that part of the equation will be stable. The only question then is how stable is the rack setup itself. Remember, you'll be putting some added force onto the rack via your foot action transferred thru the HH stand to the rack. I mean if you're some hyper-animated drummer, for all we know you hammer that pedal. Heh heh, OTOH, I don't think it'll be an issue.

www.dauphinehotel.com
    www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
    www.digitaldrummermag.com
    Mix and Match Heaven: TD-12 or EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, Hart Acupad toms, Roland CY-5 mounted on a Hart Ecymbal II Pro Pedal, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" bass, 2 Roland CY-14 crashes, two Concept 1 cymbals, a Yamaha PCY-10, all on a red Roland V-Sessions rack. Pads on hiatus: PD-7, Kit Toy Splash, Hart single-zone HH, Alesis DMPad ride and an entire Concept 1 kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stefaan91 View Post
      I understand that the VH11 uses both the HH and HCC cables, so I wont be able to use my FD-8 anymore. There are a couple of kits in my module that use a tom as a second hi-hat, will I still be able to control that? Will they open and close along with the VH11? FD-8 always controls both hi-hats so I need to be sure.
      Should be just the same.

Bruce
      • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
      • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Working...
      X