X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Institute suggests please?

Hi, I'm just got back on track in my drums&music lifestyle, and I was wondered where can I go to learn music in more serious place, so I thought on the Australia university or New Zealand... but it cost more then I can afford... can you help me please?

Thanks, Etan.

Welcome to the forum

where are you and at what level do you want to study?

Berklee offers lots of courses, some on-line....and there on surely colleges and universities, or conservatories, by you...
    TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
    HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

look... Berkeley is very expensive for me... I want to get as high as it takes, I'm going to make some money in South Africa in about a month for about a year... ah I'm from Israel by the way, and thank you for the welcome

Comment

If money is a barrier then I'm going to mention Rockschool. To laugh at the thought of Rockschool you'd need to be a grade 8 and already in UNI.
        Spend the money on private tuition and getting the grade from RS that you deserve. Take that grade (if good enough) to a UNI and source what bursaries are on offer.
        A drum kit. That's it.

Comment

I actually did some research on grading.

Rockschool used to be offered via Trinity College. But the partnership has ended.

Trinity College also has Trinity Guildhall Grades, which is arguably harder than Rockshool. (i.e. Rockschool Grade 8 ~= Trinity Guildhall Grade 6-7)

Besides, Trinity College has started to offer its own Rock & Pop syllabus. (http://trinityrock.trinitycollege.co.uk/)
          My compact kit.

"Praise Him with PD-125 on TD-10exp... praise Him with the clash of CY-8, praise Him with resounding CY-15R." Psalm 150

Comment

Working...
          X