Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's The Best Glue/Epoxy For Rubber & Plastic?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's The Best Glue/Epoxy For Rubber & Plastic?

As you can see in the photo one of my Yamaha PCY 130 cymbals needs to be glued. The rubber that overlaps the bow of the cymbals edge came loose and needs to be glued back down to the plastic of the cymbal. What is the best glue or epoxy to use for Rubber and Plastic? Thanks for any info or suggestions..
    The Fantastic "4" Diamond Drum kit in Black ripple with Black nickel hardware
    20x14" Bass drum,14x11 Floor tom,12x4.5 Snare,10x6.5 Tom
    TD-9 Module,Roc n Soc Nitro throne

Im no expert, but as far as I know are, what we in Dutch call, "contact" glues best in situations where the materials behave differently and a certain amount of flexibility is needed. These are the glues you apply to both surfaces, let dry and then press together.
    Also epoxy, to me, seems fine for the plastic part but a bit to agressive on the rubber parts.
    Rick Dekens
    TD12/3 - TD6 - DTXPress III - Midimarimba - Roland XP80 synth - KORG Toneworks AX1500G
    M powered Sonar home Studio.
    -------------------
    "... and you must live, drawn by your own sweet skill" W. Shakespeare, 16th sonnet

Comment

Get some "Gorilla Glue" or similar at a local hardware/grocery store. That stuff will bond anything to anything. It needs to set, clamped, overnight but it would work better than anything I know of. Follow the directions and don't use too much as it expands some when it dries. Clean up any excess with a damp cloth before it dries ...or else.
      ~The Secret's in the sauce~

Comment

Amazing GOOP

You can get this at most hardware stores.

http://www.amazinggoop.com/amazinggoop/index.html

Elvin Jones, John Bonham, Tony Williams, Jack DeJohnette, Rashied Ali

Free Jazz

John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Pharaoh Sanders, John Zorn, Frank Zappa, Led Zepplin

Comment

Contact cement .... or Goop .... as mentioned above.
          Stealth Acrylic Blues kit, Lectrobans,dual zone acrylic picollo toms,Stealth A to EZ Sabian Cymbals,Stealth 2Box compatible HH stand,2 X 2Box Drumit 5 sound modules with external SD card slots added, 32GB capacity cards,custom VST loaded sounds,SPD-30, Alesis Trigger iO,Stealth A to EZ Mini-Congas,Stealth Lectric Bongos,Lectric MOO's, Lectric Blocks,Wuhan Gong & Linear Splash,A to EZ Alu bell, etc.

I could tell you where to stick that piezo

Stop by my site anytime: Jman's Website

Comment

Working...
          X