Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquarian onhead preorder

Hi guys,

Did a search but didn't see an announcement. The onhead can now be ordered from alternate mode.

http://www.alternatemode.com/onhead.shtml

Looking forward to ordering when I have the cash!
    Roland TD-20 (Expanded TDW20) stock standard kit setup + KD7, HPD 15, Alesis Trigger I/O, X2 Mandala pads, DrumKat 3.7, MacBook Pro 2011 i7, 8GB Ram, x2 SSD. RME Babyface

Battery 3, Sonic Coutures Hang drum, ToneHammer Tabla Vol 2 "Multi", BFD2 - Sleishman expansion pack.

Ableton Live

Student of Thomas Lang's drum academy at http://www.artistworksdrumacademy.com/

My band [urlwww.onshiftingsands.com/[/url]

Gotta love advertising!

Taken from the site:
    get an E-kit with a custom look and exceptional triggering performance at a fraction of the cost of prepackaged professional electronic drum kits
    At $900 plus shipping for 3 toms, 1 snare and 1 kick triggers only, NOT including a module or shells (which are needed)... I wonder which other trigger kit they used to calculate the "fraction of the cost"...

Those better perform flawlessly to ask that amount of dough...
    A2E DIY Dixon kit. FSR HiHats. DTX700 + eDrum Modules. Yamaha + XM Cymbals. VSTs: AD, SD, DrumMic'a
    Kit Pix

Website builder in my spare time, here's my latest work:
    www.hualienoutdoors.org
    cotfcanada.org
    aacycleproducts.com/

Comment

Really expensive! Can't wait to hear some user reviews ... Or even better - videos.
      My Drum Kit

My kit: 6 DIY pads, CY5, PCY135, Hall sensor hihat, krigg - kick pedal trigger, megadrum

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
        Gotta love advertising!

Taken from the site:

At $900 plus shipping for 3 toms, 1 snare and 1 kick triggers only, NOT including a module or shells (which are needed)... I wonder which other trigger kit they used to calculate the "fraction of the cost"...

hehehe...amen to that.
        8 Piece Smokey Chrome/Acrylic w/DIY Pans http://quartzpercussions.com/home_en.html 2BoxDrumIt5x2, DIY Acrylic Spl/Ch, Gen16 Hats/Rides/Ch/Spl, Assorted Gen16 Conversion Cymbals http://www.stealthdrums.com/,DW Remote,SleishmanTwin/QuadSteele Conversion, http://www.drumagination.com/drum-pe...com/mk_pro.php Gibraltar & DrumFrame rack systems
        www.airbrushartists.org/dreamscapeairbrushrealm

Comment

Gotta love advertising!

Taken from the site:

Shells aren't needed - you can get away with just a hoop and an iso mount. The inhead triggers really well -so I imagine these will be no different. They are still far less expensive than Roland's flagship pads and will have a far better response -based of my experience of the inhead.
          Roland TD-20 (Expanded TDW20) stock standard kit setup + KD7, HPD 15, Alesis Trigger I/O, X2 Mandala pads, DrumKat 3.7, MacBook Pro 2011 i7, 8GB Ram, x2 SSD. RME Babyface

Battery 3, Sonic Coutures Hang drum, ToneHammer Tabla Vol 2 "Multi", BFD2 - Sleishman expansion pack.

Ableton Live

Comment

I do hope you will enjoy them.

As for me, I have to question the reliability on playing and hitting on hoops alone. I'm afraid a setup like that wouldn't last long, without a shell to support the hoop from bending. Cast hoops would be stronger... but then still add more to the cost.

Then there's the fact that I am not interested on playing made with pancakes as a kit. Doesn't appeal to me one bit.
            But that's just me....

So, I'll be waiting about 10 years for the drop in prices to a fraction of the cost of what it is now.... and pay what I believe is a right price for a set of triggers.
            A2E DIY Dixon kit. FSR HiHats. DTX700 + eDrum Modules. Yamaha + XM Cymbals. VSTs: AD, SD, DrumMic'a
            Kit Pix

www.hualienoutdoors.org
            cotfcanada.org
            aacycleproducts.com/

Comment

I do hope you will enjoy them.

As for me, I have to question the reliability on playing and hitting on hoops alone. I'm afraid a setup like that wouldn't last long, without a shell to support the hoop from bending. Cast hoops would be stronger... but then still add more to the cost.

Then there's the fact that I am not interested on playing made with pancakes as a kit. Doesn't appeal to me one bit.
              But that's just me....

So, I'll be waiting about 10 years for the drop in prices to a fraction of the cost of what it is now.... and pay what I believe is a right price for a set of triggers.
              ....or when they finally break down and embed this tech in mesh.
              8 Piece Smokey Chrome/Acrylic w/DIY Pans http://quartzpercussions.com/home_en.html 2BoxDrumIt5x2, DIY Acrylic Spl/Ch, Gen16 Hats/Rides/Ch/Spl, Assorted Gen16 Conversion Cymbals http://www.stealthdrums.com/,DW Remote,SleishmanTwin/QuadSteele Conversion, http://www.drumagination.com/drum-pe...com/mk_pro.php Gibraltar & DrumFrame rack systems

Comment

Gotta love advertising!

Taken from the site:

Looking at the definition of the term 'fraction', and the MSRP of a Roland TD-30KV, then they are, indeed, a fraction of the cost of a full electronic kit!
                Triggers: Roland TD-30; PD-125s, PD-105s; KD-120, VH-11, CY-15R, CY-14Cs, CY-12C, BT-1, Hart Dynamics Hammer
                Hardware: Gibraltar 9600 Series (SN/HH/Pedal), Short Booms, Tube Clamps, Grabbers, Road Series Chrome Clamps on 2 x MDS-9 Rack Tube sets
                Other: Roland SPD-S, Korg WaveDrum, Superior Drummer (all SDXs and 3 EZXs), Roland DP-2 Pedals

Comment

True!

Kinda like saying a set of 4 tires is a fraction of the cost of a car! he he!

Sorry, I couldn't resist...

I do hope the onHead system catches on, as I love FSR technology. I think it has a great future, but as with much of the newly introduced technology, it's a bit extreme when looking at solutions that already work pretty nicely... eg.: Quartz harness at $25 a trigger.
                  Kit Pix

www.hualienoutdoors.org
                  cotfcanada.org
                  aacycleproducts.com/

Comment

I love the idea of these... go from acoustic to electric or vice versa in about 1 minute. Solves a lot of problems for me!!

My biggest concern given how little I know about them is from what I see in the pics; they seem to sit pretty high off the drum head. It looks like maybe an inch or so above the rim and while that may not seem like a lot to some, I think it would make a huge difference. Seems to me that once I get everything exactly where I like it, it doesn't take much to throw things off and raising the playing surface a couple inches up is a major change in my book!

Also, does that mean no rim triggers?? I mean, you can't hit the rims of the drums anymore... unless there is something built into the head to allow for this???

Mark
                    www.RemedyRocksKC.com

TD-20/TDW-20 / TD-10/TDW-1 / MDS-20 Rack / Roland Octapad / VH-12 HH / CY-5 HH/splash with FD-7 controller / 4 PCY135 crash cymbals / CY15R ride / Cow Paddy / 2 PD-7s for high rack toms / 2 PD-100 rack toms / 2 PD-120 floor toms / PD-120 snare / PD-9 for second snare and effects / 2 KD-7 kick triggers / Roland S220 sampler / 2 Nady PSW18 subs / 2 RCF ART312A's for mid/highs / Crown xti1000 power amp and a partridge in a pear tree!

Comment

There's an extra input for sale that adds rim triggering called "RimShot".
                      Kit Pix

www.hualienoutdoors.org
                      cotfcanada.org
                      aacycleproducts.com/

Comment

There's an extra input for sale that adds rim triggering called "RimShot".
                        Wow...more added expense? For the price of these..."RimShot" ought to be included. Also...just like the kick...it's just a piezo. There goes the anti-cross talk feature.

Comment

Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
                          Wow...more added expense? For the price of these..."RimShot" ought to be included. Also...just like the kick...it's just a piezo. There goes the anti-cross talk feature.
                          Blimey. 30 Clams for the Rimshot! Its just a piezo sandwiched between two pieces of foam!

I dont use the rimshot with my inhead. I dont really need it so it doesnt bother me. If my snare wasnt mic'd up that'd be a different story.

Anyway's I hope enough people are willing to by at least the onhead for the snare. It really is a great trigger with unsurpassed tracking and dynamic range.

Ableton Live

Comment

Yeah! it's got the perfect anti-crosstalk feature... when used as a single trigger per pad! ha ha! funny!

Since the rimshot device is only a piezo, DIYers will be able to wire a piezo to a 3.5mm plug and save $30!
                            Wow, with that saved, we are inching closer to that "fraction" ! ha ha!
                            Kit Pix

www.hualienoutdoors.org
                            cotfcanada.org
                            aacycleproducts.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X