Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That`s where the krigg is much better
    My Drum Kit

My kit: 6 DIY pads, CY5, PCY135, Hall sensor hihat, krigg - kick pedal trigger, megadrum

Comment

In lieu of a full review, I'll say that it's a nice enough pedal for the price ($60 street). On the plus side it's compact, light and relatively quiet. On the downside, there is no adjustment for tension. All it has is a single fixed coil spring under the foot pedal. I find it to be rather sloppy and slow. I stuck an extra spring inside the existing one (i.e., smaller diameter, same length) and it plays a little better but I want to order up some other springs and try a few mods. As is, in order to get what I consider to be reasonable speed and response, I find I have to move my toe down toward the hinge an excessive amount. Obviously when playing heel down that won't help. I also found that it tends to creep a bit, even on carpet. I plan on gluing some carpet anchor (velcro on steroids) to the bottom like I did with my FD-7. The anchor should solve the creep problem. It looks like I will be ordering a second unit (i.e., it seems good enough as a secondary kick pedal).
      "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....Our four...no...Amongst our weapons....Amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."
      www.dissidents.com
      www.myspace.com/jimfiore

Comment

@JimiFiore

Jimi what about the response of the trigger? is it good? no Miss-triggering or any issue? I didnīt have the chance to prove that aspect. Do you know where can I purchase it Online in the US? Cause Iīve just found it in Kraftmusic but I think is quite expensive : 80$...

Take care!

Comment

It looks like there's not much travel before bottoming out.

I use FatKats as 3rd and 4th BD pedals, but I use double pedals on a KD-9 as my main BD pedals.
          The FatKats also have only 1 spring to use for tension, but there is about 3-4 inches of travel, somewhat mimicking a real BD pedal. Somewhat...

If you are used to real pedals, I don't recommend FatKats, so not having tried the KU100 I have my doubts as to whether it even feels comfortable to play.
          TrapKat, Octapad, TD-9, Handsonic (10 & 15), EWI USB, Loopstation

Comment

The KU triggers well enough but has some trouble with very light hits. Pedal travel seems fine to me. I picked up mine from RMC. My biggest gripe is the lack of tension adjustment. It appears that you have to take it apart and insert new springs.
            "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....Our four...no...Amongst our weapons....Amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."
            www.dissidents.com
            www.myspace.com/jimfiore

Comment

Does anyone know if this pedal works with yamaha dd65? KP-65 works fine.. so maybe this pedal will work too..?

Comment

I am guessing this pedal will work with anything... just like any other kick pedal. It's only a single mono piezo input. Nothing fancy.
                A2E DIY Dixon kit. FSR HiHats. DTX700 + eDrum Modules. Yamaha + XM Cymbals. VSTs: AD, SD, DrumMic'a
                Kit Pix

Website builder in my spare time, here's my latest work:
                www.hualienoutdoors.org
                cotfcanada.org
                aacycleproducts.com/

Comment

Yamaha KU100 Review and Modifications. This appears to be the best thread to attach this to so here goes...
                  I setup perform teardown and move several times a week. My kit was a time-suck to deal with so I was looking to simplify it. First, I'm OK with the fact that e-drums aren’t a-drums anymore than a snare drum isn't a hollow log. I'm evolving.
                  I don't do speed feet, but I want a solid, accurate, consistent trigger. I still have a KD120, and a KD7 after using several other Roland and Yamaha kick triggers.I also have several DW pedals.

I ordered a KU100 and was unhappy with the stock soft spring and the initial triggering through a TD15 module. I have also modified the pad settings for the kick trigger in the module to get the response and sound I wanted from the trigger, now for the feel.
                  I have measured the pressure a DW pedal takes to “suspend” my foot and wanted something with a closer feel to that. I added a second, firmer spring behind the stock spring in the KU. There is a bump the pedal and a “well” in the base just begging to locate and hold a second spring. After a trip to the hardware store for several springs I found a good candidate and with a little judicious cropping and reshaping the second spring has stayed put through dozens of practice and performance sessions. I ordered and modified a second KU similarly. That pedal was originally going to be a backup, but I plug it into the module and use it as a shaker, tambourine, second bass pedal, etc. Sometimes on the Right foot sometimes on the left.
                  Simply said, I am performing with this setup and will continue to do so even though I have traditional alternatives. Hope this helps others. HB
                  Road Rig -Module TD15 - DIY Snare 3 PD80/85 toms CY12 R/C Gen16 16 18 crash 13” HH on DYI remote stand.2 Yamaha KU100 kick/aux pedals. Korg Wavedrum Custom rack. Home Rig - Module -TD10 exp PD125 snare PD80,PD100,PD125 toms Yamaha PCY 135 frizbies for HH and 2 crash. PCY 155 poses as a ride. Footrests are KD120/DW and FD7 on a RolandYamaHart mutant rack

Comment

Hi folks. Just came in to add on KU100 theme. So i bought two pedals(one to modify as HH) basically because i liked the design and the idea that the beaters are not a must for an e-drumset.
                    First i have to say that , i have a crappy drum module which has no gain control , thus i had to replace the original KU100 sensor with a larger one , to get normal trigger output level. For a HH controller , i did use a magnetic reed switch(near the foam pad) and a pair of small neodymium magnets that i put into the pedal(moving part).
                    Also i did adjust a speed of mechanical response of the pedals by removing the ballast metallic plates located in the moving part of the pedal - that gave notably better speed , better spring tension and added some 4-5mm of pedal travel.
                    The pedal itself is just a single piezo element and functions fine either with mono or stereo cable.
                    So far everything seems fine and i'm happy with the purchase.....apart from one thing.
                    THE HINGES. well....i'm not sure how this will end....but i see a notable wear of (what looks like) the plastic hinges , thus i'm getting a bit of a horizontal pedal travel and it is happening just after a few weeks of use.....

ETA: also do not be fooled with advertized "silent" operation by yamaha. While it might appear making less noise , though it gives a load of impact noise to the floor , which might become a problem in a form of downstairs neighbors

edited few times for clarity and spelling
                    Last edited by genesis; 08-02-13, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X