X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9K2 for $1,199?

I am ready to take the plunge and buy a TD-9K2 kit, and I've found a store on Amazon selling them for $1,299 + Free shipping. (Don't know the rules about posting links to sellers so I won't, but a quick amazon search will bring it right up.)

I've compared the included items to those selling the kits for $1,699 and they look identical...

(1) TD-9 Percussion Sound Module with multi-pin cable harness and module mount
    (2) PDX-8 Mesh Pads (Snare, Tom 3)
    (2) PDX-6 Mesh Pads (Tom 1, Tom2)
    (1) KD-9 Kick Trigger Pad
    (1) CY-12C V-Cymbal Pad
    (1) CY-13R V-Cymbal Pad
    (1) CY-5 Cymbal Pad
    (1) FD-8 Hi-Hat Control Pedal
    (1) MDS-9 Drum Rack with Hardware
    * Kick Pedal and Drum Throne NOT included.
    I emailed the seller and asked them if the kit came with a full manufacturer warranty, and if the product was brand new and in sealed factory packaging. This was their email response...

Dear Chris - Amazon Marketplace,

Absolutely. ______.com is an authorized dealer for all the products we sell. All products come with factory warranties as we buy directly from the manufacturer.

Kind Regards,

Customer Support

Ive since found their website and discovered that the kit actually sells for $100 less directly from their site than it sells for on Amazon.

This company also has a 5 star rating out of 43 full reviews on resellerratings.

I cannot find anything that raises red flags, but they are selling the kit for so much less than anyone else, that I can't shake the feeling I am missing something. So... I've turned to the community of experts to double check before I hand over the money. That is, if you folks wouldn't mind taking a peek for me.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Fadelight View Post
    I am ready to take the plunge and buy a TD-9K2 kit, and I've found a store on Amazon selling them for $1,299 + Free shipping. (Don't know the rules about posting links to sellers so I won't, but a quick amazon search will bring it right up.)

I've compared the included items to those selling the kits for $1,699 and they look identical...

I emailed the seller and asked them if the kit came with a full manufacturer warranty, and if the product was brand new and in sealed factory packaging. This was their email response...

Ive since found their website and discovered that the kit actually sells for $100 less directly from their site than it sells for on Amazon.

This company also has a 5 star rating out of 43 full reviews on resellerratings.

I cannot find anything that raises red flags, but they are selling the kit for so much less than anyone else, that I can't shake the feeling I am missing something. So... I've turned to the community of experts to double check before I hand over the money. That is, if you folks wouldn't mind taking a peek for me.

Thanks!
    since the td9's replacement, the td15, has been announced and will be in shops shortly, maybe this is just priced to clear?
    TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
    HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

A number of online retailers are offering this kit at the same price, if you figure in the $100 rebate currently being offered by Roland. I agree with Saku that it's probably due to the fact that the new TD-11/15 line-up is about to hit the streets and retailers want to clear their existing inventory.
      Roland TD-12, Pearl DRX-1 tom and snare pads, Roland PD-8 pads for cymbals, DW pedals and stands, Pearl and Gibraltar hardware

Comment

The GC near me has them marked comparably as "clearance". Can you say fire sale? I love my TD- 12 and have no plans to upgrade. On the other hand, I've been pickling up cymbals and pads on the cheap. Great time to like 5 year old technology........
        Roland TD -12 & Korg Electribe ESX with a custom configuration of Roland pads, Gibralter rack, DW 5000 pedals, Macbook Pro, 1 titanium reinforced Tibia and a very ugly disposition.

Comment

Pay the extra and get the kx2 you won't regret it!
          Roland TD-9KX2 + CY12C, 2 x Alesis DMPad Cymbals as Spash/China, Alesis DMPad as Tom4, Pearl H790W Hi-Hat Stand, Masters50 Vex
          Macbook Pro, Logic 9, M-Audio Project Mix I/O, M-Audio BX5 D2 Monitors - www.mojowill.com

Comment

Originally posted by mojowill View Post
            Pay the extra and get the kx2 you won't regret it!
            That's what everyone says about the next step up, no matter what you are looking at. Believe me... I would LOVE to get the KX2. It's a $700 jump in price though, and in the end you can only spend what you have for money.

I may try to stick it out another 2 weeks to a month and see if I can scrounge the extra money to go for a KX2. I know it's worth the extra... I just don't know if I can afford the extra.

Edit: I've decided to take the advice and hold out for the kx2.
            Last edited by Fadelight; 04-14-12, 12:35 AM.

Comment

I just bought my 3rd TD-9K2 with the intent on reselling to make some $ and upgrade my kit. You can find them on eBay for $1,299.00 OBO plus a $100 Roland rebate from authorized dealers. I paid $1,250.00 minus the $100 rebate. Check out http://www.ebay.com/itm/Roland-TD-9K...item5649d91790
              Roland TDW-20, KD-120, KD-7, PD-120 (x5), PD-80R (x4), CY-15, CY-14 (x3), CY-5, VH-11, SPD-SX, SPD-30, Boss FS-5U (x4) Roc-N-Soc throne, M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Controller, M-Audio SP-5B Active Monitors, Cubase 6.5, SONAR, TASCAM US122mkll Interface, and a KC-550 amp!

Comment

I bought my TD-4K2 from those guys and it came in brand new condition. No reason to be weary of them, to me.

FWIW, I bought it for $679, and I believe the cheapest other price I found was $899
                Roland TD-4K2

Comment

OK, so the next question is... does everyone agree with mojo that the TD-9KX2 is worth the added price over the TD-9K2?

Comment

I'm new here but I thought I'd share how some sellers on eBay are now accepting best offers of $1,099.00 w/ free shipping for brand new TD9K2 kits. I got mine last month for $1,099.00 plus the $100 rebate. It's my understanding the rebate offer has expired even though some careless sellers are still advertising it in their auction titles. Regardless, even without the rebate $1,099.00 for a new TD9K2 is an awesome deal IMO. Anyways, just thought Id share, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Drummer4life55 View Post
                      I'm new here but I thought I'd share how some sellers on eBay are now accepting best offers of $1,099.00 w/ free shipping for brand new TD9K2 kits. I got mine last month for $1,099.00 plus the $100 rebate. It's my understanding the rebate offer has expired even though some careless sellers are still advertising it in their auction titles. Regardless, even without the rebate $1,099.00 for a new TD9K2 is an awesome deal IMO. Anyways, just thought Id share, good luck.
                      Welcome to the forum !
                      TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
                      HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

Working...
                      X