X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody tried this kick pedal trigger? [Triggera Krigg]

I was searching the net for some good kick pedal trigger. I decided I don`t want a kick drum, rather trigger the pedal itself.
    So, I stumbled across this kick pedal trigger. Anybody tried it?
    Will probably order it, but wanted to see if there are any opinions ...

BTW, my Megadrum is on its way to me Can`t wait ...
    My Drum Kit

My kit: 6 DIY pads, CY5, PCY135, Hall sensor hihat, krigg - kick pedal trigger, megadrum

Looks interesting......Decent price and you can use it with your favorite pedal. Also looks very easy to make.
    8 Piece Smokey Chrome/Acrylic w/DIY Pans http://quartzpercussions.com/home_en.html 2BoxDrumIt5x2, DIY Acrylic Spl/Ch, Gen16 Hats/Rides/Ch/Spl, Assorted Gen16 Conversion Cymbals http://www.stealthdrums.com/,DW Remote,SleishmanTwin/QuadSteele Conversion, http://www.drumagination.com/drum-pe...com/mk_pro.php Gibraltar & DrumFrame rack systems
    www.airbrushartists.org/dreamscapeairbrushrealm

Comment

You're right. Looks interesting.
      And seems it does pretty much what I wanted ...
      My Drum Kit

My kit: 6 DIY pads, CY5, PCY135, Hall sensor hihat, krigg - kick pedal trigger, megadrum

Comment

OK, just placed an order!
        Will let know how it performs.
        My Drum Kit

Comment

Hmmm...interesting! So how does it trigger if you dont hiut anything? Is it the vibrations when you press the pedal or something?

Kenny
          TD9 - V2 UPGRADE - MASTERS 50 VEXPACK - TMC6 - CHROME DIXON AND GIBRALTAR RACK - 12" CARRERA SHELL CUSTOM SNARE - 2 10" CUSTOM TOMS - 2 12" CUSTOM FLOOR TOMS - TRIGGERA KRIGG BASS PEDAL - CY12RC RIDE - 2 CY12RC CRASHES - TRIGGERA D11 11" SPLASH - 2 KIT TOYS SPLASHES - PCY130 - TRIGGERA D14 14" CHINA - ATH-M30 HEADPHONES - eCOWBELL -YAMAHA MG102C MIXER

Comment

You hit it, but with the pedal, not with the beater.

I`m guessing it's very good for heel-toe blasts ...
            My Drum Kit

Comment

Ah, I see, cool! Let us know when you get it and you try it out.

Cheers
              Kenny
              TD9 - V2 UPGRADE - MASTERS 50 VEXPACK - TMC6 - CHROME DIXON AND GIBRALTAR RACK - 12" CARRERA SHELL CUSTOM SNARE - 2 10" CUSTOM TOMS - 2 12" CUSTOM FLOOR TOMS - TRIGGERA KRIGG BASS PEDAL - CY12RC RIDE - 2 CY12RC CRASHES - TRIGGERA D11 11" SPLASH - 2 KIT TOYS SPLASHES - PCY130 - TRIGGERA D14 14" CHINA - ATH-M30 HEADPHONES - eCOWBELL -YAMAHA MG102C MIXER

Comment

I really like the idea but I'm wondering what the range of sensitivity is. All I seen on the promo videos were hard hits without any control of volume. If there is control I'll be ordering one no sooner than this review says so.
                A drum kit. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by everson View Post
                  OK, just placed an order!
                  Will let know how it performs.
                  Cool. I'll be looking forward to the review.
                  8 Piece Smokey Chrome/Acrylic w/DIY Pans http://quartzpercussions.com/home_en.html 2BoxDrumIt5x2, DIY Acrylic Spl/Ch, Gen16 Hats/Rides/Ch/Spl, Assorted Gen16 Conversion Cymbals http://www.stealthdrums.com/,DW Remote,SleishmanTwin/QuadSteele Conversion, http://www.drumagination.com/drum-pe...com/mk_pro.php Gibraltar & DrumFrame rack systems
                  www.airbrushartists.org/dreamscapeairbrushrealm

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh Jass View Post
                    I really like the idea but I'm wondering what the range of sensitivity is. All I seen on the promo videos were hard hits without any control of volume. If there is control I'll be ordering one no sooner than this review says so.
                    I`m not so much interested in sensitivity, since it`s a kick (most of the time I need hard, constant hits) ... but will test it
                    My Drum Kit

Comment

Can't any "real" contact data on the website - just hiding behind a contact form - and the domain data is hidden as well. It was only registered 29-feb-2012. Perhaps you could enlighten us as to who you sent your money to? ;-)
                      Electronic kits since 1986...

Comment

Yes, I contacted them prior to ordering and told them they need some contact data on that page. They said the website is still under construction, but will finish it soon ...
                        Anyway, told me they will ship it today. Will see ... hopefully it`s not a rip-off ...
                        My Drum Kit

Comment

Wow, intriguing. A definite boon for those wishing to downsize and the price is nice. Looking forward to seeing your review!
                          TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Hmm, beaterless kick pedals.

I bought two E Pedals from Engineered Percussion back in the late 1980s. Beaterless kick pedals, much nicer than this add-on unit (it's a self-contained pedal). I still use them. Built like a tank, all machined aluminum. I wish I could buy more but Engineered Percussion couldn't sell them. Drummers wouldn't buy them because they didn't feel exactly like regular pedals.

Eventually, Engineered Percussion changed its name to Axis Percussion.

18a248c45c59285579c39ecb239c9a9b.jpg
                            "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....Our four...no...Amongst our weapons....Amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."
                            www.dissidents.com
                            www.myspace.com/jimfiore

Comment

It`s a trigger, not a pedal. So you can use your favorite pedal with it.

Anyway, it`s definitely shipped today and I`ll probably have it in a couple of days.
                              My Drum Kit

Comment

Working...
                              X