Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to buy the TD30 in parts ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to buy the TD30 in parts ?

My wife won't let me spend that much money all at once.. And I don't want to wait a year saving up so I was thinking.. Can I buy it in parts ?

Maybe first get the frame and the snare for $600.... then maybe a dirt cheap alesis module .. then slowly get more pads and pedals until I have all the TD30 parts... then at the end get the TD 30.. or maybe TD15...

So atleast this way I can have something to place with sooner..

Anyone else doing this?

All the parts will be on sale separately at some point, yes..but they might be selling complete kits first, and it will take some time before individual parts begin showing up, though modules are already listed for sale on websites.

It will be more expensive this way, your wife might not like that :

EDIT: and be careful with hihats...they often dont go well with strange modules, so you almost need to get an alesis hihat for the alesis module, and then a vh13 if you get a td30, or a vh11 if you get a td15...though, if you are only getting a 15, no point in getting the pd128 snare, is there?
    TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
    HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

Well if the only new part available for the next 3 months in the module then I could buy that first.. but then I need to research and see if the td30 module is really worth it over the td15.

Basically I just want to get minimum parts so I can make some noise..

So when will the stand alone TD30 rack be availble you think ? Like 1 month? 6 month? 12 months?

Comment

Individual components will be available starting in June.
        Alan

Comment

Is the a dirt cheap module thats just for plugging into a comptuer to use VST drums for like $200 ?

I figure I could save the TD30 module for last and get started with the hardware and just make music with the VST drums for the next couple months..

sound like a reasonble Idea ? (yes I know the parts seperately are more expensive but my wife.. she wont allow it.. and vdrums arent something I can keep hidden like a $500 gfx card)

Originally posted by Alan @ V Expressions View Post
          Individual components will be available starting in June.

Comment

I don't believe the rack has changed. If not, it's probably available now wherever it is in stock. I was speaking mainly about new pads and modules.
            Alan

Comment

Not sure, if by '$500 gfx card' you mean a graphics-card. But for triggering VSTs, you certainly want a good (read: low latency) sound-card.

The money you save by not getting a TD-30 module, you can easily burn again on computers (CPUs, RAM), soundcard, DAW-host, software instruments, sound-expansions....

Not wanting to hold you back, if you desire to do so.

Or, you could get a 2Box...
              Greetings from Switzerland,
              - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

If you want a dirt-cheap module for use with VSTs, the Alesis Trigger I/O is the cheapest and is a pretty good value. It doesn't work that well with Roland gear, from what I've heard.

Comment

Why not do a no interest finance package on a TD-30 kit?
                  If you were gonna buy the module first (let's say $2000) then buy stuff at higher individual component prices over time, then you could do the finance deal, pay a lump sum (like tge module and rack price) and then pay off the rest over whatever months the deal offers.
                  Your wife might prefer that if you can't buy all in one go.

iPhone Tapatalk post
                  Triggers: Roland TD-30; PD-125s, PD-105s; KD-120, VH-11, CY-15R, CY-14Cs, CY-12C, BT-1, Hart Dynamics Hammer
                  Hardware: Gibraltar 9600 Series (SN/HH/Pedal), Short Booms, Tube Clamps, Grabbers, Road Series Chrome Clamps on 2 x MDS-9 Rack Tube sets
                  Other: Roland SPD-S, Korg WaveDrum, Superior Drummer (all SDXs and 3 EZXs), Roland DP-2 Pedals

Comment

not to mention that bought separately would cost a lot more. a whole lot more!
                    sigpicRoland TD 30 module, TDW 20 BK, VH13 hi-hats, custom Gibraltar rack, V expressions, Iron cobra power glide double pedal, Cobra clutch, Iron cobra lever glide hi hat, Kit-toys, KC 500, BBE 482, Roc-N-Soc nitro. , Promark, pearl throne thumper.
                    Red DIY church - road kit with red sessions rack, vh12 hi hats, yamaha and kit-toys cymbals, DW T5000 hi hat, BBE 262,
                    butt kicker

Comment

Originally posted by Alan @ V Expressions View Post
                      I don't believe the rack has changed. If not, it's probably available now wherever it is in stock. I was speaking mainly about new pads and modules.

Can anyone confirm this ? If this is true then Ill go ahead and sav eup for the rack first...

I know im wasting money not getting it all at once but with my debt there is no way id survive telling my wife we got new payments to make..

Comment

Originally posted by mikehrz View Post
                        If you want a dirt-cheap module for use with VSTs, the Alesis Trigger I/O is the cheapest and is a pretty good value. It doesn't work that well with Roland gear, from what I've heard.
                        thats a good idea.. That will get me up and running with a bass/snare/hi hat set up by june or july I hope

Comment

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post
                          Not sure, if by '$500 gfx card' you mean a graphics-card. But for triggering VSTs, you certainly want a good (read: low latency) sound-card.

The money you save by not getting a TD-30 module, you can easily burn again on computers (CPUs, RAM), soundcard, DAW-host, software instruments, sound-expansions....

Not wanting to hold you back, if you desire to do so.

Or, you could get a 2Box...
                          I am interested in the 2box earlier but I live in the US... I would love to have some where to go to play the td30 and 2box side by side... My main concern is I want the eDrum closest feeling/sounding to a real drum kit.. I bought that cheap Alesis $800 last year and sold it a month later.. I really prefer mesh pads over those weird plastic ones Alesis has.. And I also prefer rubber cymbals..

So if someone review TD30 and 2box and the conclusion is the are making better results in the end with the 2box then I could go with that..

But I don't want to get a 'ok' kit this time around and spend the rest of the time wishing I spent the extra money

Comment

Originally posted by punkouter View Post
                            I am interested in the 2box earlier but I live in the US... I would love to have some where to go to play the td30 and 2box side by side... My main concern is I want the eDrum closest feeling/sounding to a real drum kit.. I bought that cheap Alesis $800 last year and sold it a month later.. I really prefer mesh pads over those weird plastic ones Alesis has.. And I also prefer rubber cymbals..

So if someone review TD30 and 2box and the conclusion is the are making better results in the end with the 2box then I could go with that..

But I don't want to get a 'ok' kit this time around and spend the rest of the time wishing I spent the extra money
                            Consider this: a TD-12 or TD-20 for triggering a wide dynamic range over the total surface of the pad, routed to SD2 for more realistic acoustic samples.
                            For the actual pads, if you want an acoustic feel and look, I'd go DIY on an actual acoustic set. I use RT-10s triggers on toms and kick (PD125 on snare) and I don't feel I'm playing an e-kit.
                            TD-12, Gretsch Catalina Jazz with Hart mesh heads, RT-10s triggers (toms&BD), PD-125 snare, Roland CY cymbals, VH-11. Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2. Logic Pro9, Macbook Pro.

Comment

Actually, I should have said I want a eKit that has the most realistic SOUND... no so much FEEL... I used to have a Roland TD8.. I got so used to playing those mesh pads that when I played a real kit it felt strange..

I want to get this 'SuperSound' feature or whatever its called of the new td30/15/11 modules ... so I cant start off with a cheap Alelsis module for VST initally .. but then once I finish getting all the pads I want to get the td 30/15/11 for 'offline' playing.. and at that point see what the end result is for the td30 vs td 15 vs. 11... If the end result sound you cant tell the difference then maybe I get the td11.

Originally posted by berberman View Post
                              Consider this: a TD-12 or TD-20 for triggering a wide dynamic range over the total surface of the pad, routed to SD2 for more realistic acoustic samples.
                              For the actual pads, if you want an acoustic feel and look, I'd go DIY on an actual acoustic set. I use RT-10s triggers on toms and kick (PD125 on snare) and I don't feel I'm playing an e-kit.

Comment

Working...
                              X