X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Drum Shoes!

Just got some DB Drum Shoes recently (my GF bought them for me).

Check them out here

I really like them so far! Very light, really well ventilated, thin neutral sole and great feel! It will be interesting to see how well they last. Anyone else have these??

The only thing I'm not crazy about is their choice of colors... You can have pretty much any color you want as long as it is black!!
    Would have preferred a lighter color but oh well.

Mark
    www.RemedyRocksKC.com

TD-20/TDW-20 / TD-10/TDW-1 / MDS-20 Rack / Roland Octapad / VH-12 HH / CY-5 HH/splash with FD-7 controller / 4 PCY135 crash cymbals / CY15R ride / Cow Paddy / 2 PD-7s for high rack toms / 2 PD-100 rack toms / 2 PD-120 floor toms / PD-120 snare / PD-9 for second snare and effects / 2 KD-7 kick triggers / Roland S220 sampler / 2 Nady PSW18 subs / 2 RCF ART312A's for mid/highs / Crown xti1000 power amp and a partridge in a pear tree!

Drum shoes: for people who don't have socks.

Roland TD-9

Comment

Originally posted by Sapro View Post
      Drum shoes: for people who don't have socks.

Tried socks... too slippery! I need some traction! Also tried barefoot, but it wasn't for me. I have to have something between my feet and the pedals.

Mark
      www.RemedyRocksKC.com

TD-20/TDW-20 / TD-10/TDW-1 / MDS-20 Rack / Roland Octapad / VH-12 HH / CY-5 HH/splash with FD-7 controller / 4 PCY135 crash cymbals / CY15R ride / Cow Paddy / 2 PD-7s for high rack toms / 2 PD-100 rack toms / 2 PD-120 floor toms / PD-120 snare / PD-9 for second snare and effects / 2 KD-7 kick triggers / Roland S220 sampler / 2 Nady PSW18 subs / 2 RCF ART312A's for mid/highs / Crown xti1000 power amp and a partridge in a pear tree!

Comment

Originally posted by daebado View Post
        Tried socks... too slippery! I need some traction! Also tried barefoot, but it wasn't for me. I have to have something between my feet and the pedals.

Mark
        me too. Besides I need some protection for all the shattered bones and nerve damage in my left foot. I use some "swim shoes" and add nice innersoles. You can see them in the shot of my monster in digitalDrummer. Very comfy...light and do exactly what I need them too.

I looked at the ones you have but I've never had good fortune buying footware online.
        8 piece DIY Acrylic http://www.quartzpercussions.com/, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions http://stealthdrums.com/Home_Page.html, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid http://drumagination.com/ , Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting http://jeredsystems.com/index.php
        http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

I used to wear light weight Asics wrestling shoes for years. Very comfortable. These look interesting. They look similar, except for the missing hi-top.
          Alan

Comment

Got very lucky on the size. Ordered towards the large size of what I normally wear and it turned out perfect.

Mark
            www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

They look sorta like Pumas or Cortez Nikes. Not bad.

I'm a sock person mainly cause I don't wear shoes in the house. I'll play with whatever I have on though. If it don't feel right I just take the shoe off. Barefoot I can't do tried it once for about ten minutes and my feet started sweating and slipping. I can't wear shoes without them either same reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              TD-4 module, Gretsch Catalina Stage A to E 5 piece, Paiste Alpha and 201 stealth cymbals, Sonar 8.5 PE, Steven Slate Drums, Andromeda A6, Ibanez JS1000, Fender Jazz Bass MM signature, various VST's ,REDDI, Roland audio interfaces, Sonic Cell, Adam A7 monitors

Comment

I use tai chi shoes made by Onitsuka Tiger (the company that turned into ASICS):

http://www.zappos.com/multiview/7165605/742

Simply lovely.
                "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....Our four...no...Amongst our weapons....Amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."
                www.dissidents.com
                www.myspace.com/jimfiore

Comment

Originally posted by JimFiore View Post
                  I use tai chi shoes made by Onitsuka Tiger (the company that turned into ASICS):

http://www.zappos.com/multiview/7165605/742

Simply lovely.
                  Damn. Outside of the missing hi-top and the colors, those are identical to the ones I used to use.
                  Alan

Comment

Well if you're interested, Alan, I'll just say that they run a little large. 95% of the running shoes I buy are size 10 and the tai chi shoes are 9.5. It's a very soft leather upper and a very thin, flexible sole. The out sole is a nice sort of gum rubber. It's not the harder carbon rubber usually used on runner's training shoes or even the blown rubber used on road racing shoes. I don't think they would wear particularly well if used as normal street shoes but they're ideal on pedals.
                    "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope....Our four...no...Amongst our weapons....Amongst our weaponry are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."
                    www.dissidents.com
                    www.myspace.com/jimfiore

Comment

I prefer these...

I have sold every last bit of my E KIt, even cables! Odery Eyedentity LA Rock sizes in Mappa Burl, Paiste Alpha Boomers, 14 Hats, 16 and 18 Crashes, 22 ride (it's a beast!) Mapex Hardware, Axis Double Pedal

Comment

Sorry but i happen to be one of those that don't believe in ''drumming shoes''...There are plenty of shoes in the market that do the same job..How many ''must'' and goodies will come out in the magic world of drumming ? Maybe drumming chewing gum , drumming arm wrists, drumming socks , drumming condoms for after the show ??
                        I would like to see one of those old fashioned jazz drummers with ''drumming shoes'' btw
                        Ex E-kits:
                        ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
                        ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
                        current E-kit
                        ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
                        " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

They look very similar to my favs:
                          Puma H-Street+
                          Yamaha DTX550 + PCY135 Cymbal, Gibraltar 6611 DB Pedal, Roc 'n Sock Throne
                          Tama Starclassic Smokey Indigo Burst Acoustic kit.
                          Simmons DA200S Amp
                          Toca Premier Quinto & Conga

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
                            I prefer these...

LOL!!!! Awesome Kev!

To the OP, I play in my socks as well, but I only play at home so I suppose it's not an issue. I can see the need for a shoe that would give "feel" if one was playing in a band or if one had foot problems. Good find!
                            TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Elvin Jones View Post
                              They look very similar to my favs:
                              Puma H-Street+
                              I was actually looking at Puma yesterday and saw these martial art shoes that looked like they'd be great...

http://www.shop.puma.com/Taisoku-III...%26size%3DUS_7

If the link doesn't work, they're called "Taisoku III Sneakers".

No laces.
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X