X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-7 Power Adapter... Help!

Just recently someone gave me a TD-7 kit. It has everything except for the power adapter. I figured it would be easy to buy the adapter or find a universal one that worked, but it turns out that is NOT the case.

I've searched everywhere online and now I know all about the adapter (BRB-120) like voltage etc. but I can't get my hands on one - Roland has discontinued it and nobody else sells it!

I tried many different universal adapters with the correct voltage, but none of them quite fit the size.

Does anyone know of a specific adapter I can buy or of someone who sells the Roland BRB-120 adapter?

Any information would be helpful as the set is useless without power!

Thanks
    Last edited by jehilarious; 01-02-11, 12:51 PM.

hmmm i wonder if a boss brc 120 would work. sweet water has one. i would call around as there has to be somthing out there that would work. ill try and help research and let you know .
    sigpicRoland TD 30 module, TDW 20 BK, VH13 hi-hats, custom Gibraltar rack, V expressions, Iron cobra power glide double pedal, Cobra clutch, Iron cobra lever glide hi hat, Kit-toys, KC 500, BBE 482, Roc-N-Soc nitro. , Promark, pearl throne thumper.
    Red DIY church - road kit with red sessions rack, vh12 hi hats, yamaha and kit-toys cymbals, DW T5000 hi hat, BBE 262,
    butt kicker

Comment

Did you try these places which apparently have it?

ROLAND BRB120 PWR SUPPLY $39.99 In-Stock

Roland BRB-120 $37.50

Roland BRB-120 Power Supply $44.99

The BRB-120 is AC 12V, 1500mA. (The BRC-120 is AC 14V, 800mA.)

Bruce
      • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
      • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

jammin777 - Thanks for the idea, but I checked with Roland directly and they told me that none of their other adapters will work for the TD-7.

BarT - thanks for the links, the Guitar Center one has no add to cart button, I already tried Instrument Pro they sent me an email back that said that it's been discontinued and gave me my money back, but I'll try the Bananas Music link and see.

I put in an order yesterday with 8thStreetMusic.com, we'll see if they actually have it - I'll let you know.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by jehilarious View Post
          jammin777 - Thanks for the idea, but I checked with Roland directly and they told me that none of their other adapters will work for the TD-7.

BarT - thanks for the links, the Guitar Center one has no add to cart button, I already tried Instrument Pro they sent me an email back that said that it's been discontinued and gave me my money back, but I'll try the Bananas Music link and see.

I put in an order yesterday with 8thStreetMusic.com, we'll see if they actually have it - I'll let you know.

Thanks again.
          i went on ebay to see what i could find and found a td 7 with newer power adapter. so i messaged him about the adapter and he replyed,
          that boss has an adapter that he would get ahold of the place he got his to see if they have anymore instock and get back with me. i messaged him again asking what model number and such. i will get back to you asap.
          btw i see that you may have found one at 8th street. hope you get one. let us know how that works out.
          sigpicRoland TD 30 module, TDW 20 BK, VH13 hi-hats, custom Gibraltar rack, V expressions, Iron cobra power glide double pedal, Cobra clutch, Iron cobra lever glide hi hat, Kit-toys, KC 500, BBE 482, Roc-N-Soc nitro. , Promark, pearl throne thumper.
          Red DIY church - road kit with red sessions rack, vh12 hi hats, yamaha and kit-toys cymbals, DW T5000 hi hat, BBE 262,
          butt kicker

Comment

Bad and Good News

Well, No luck with 8th Street Music. I even called them to confirm that they had it before I ordered and they said it was in stock. After not hearing from them for 3 days, I called and they said they thought they had one in stock, but couldn't find it and canceled the order.

GOOD NEWS IS, I just called Bananas Music now and THEY HAVE IT! The person I talked to confirmed that he had it in the package in his hand! So I ordered it

I will let you know when I actually get it in hand.

Comment

thats great news
              butt kicker

Comment

SOLVED

It's taken me a while to put this final post up because of the holidays, but I did receive the adapter from Bananas Music and although it was a little pricey, it works great!

Here are the details:
                - The ONLY place I found it for sale was at Bananas Music (As of a few weeks ago, they still had a few in stock).
                - Price with tax & shipping was $55.39. They are in California so it took a week or so for me to get it.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Comment

awesome! enjoy.
                  butt kicker

Comment

Working...
                  X