• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VEX pack Questions please

Gentlemen,

I have a TD-9SX
    I am considering adding some Vex stuff.
    I am not familiar with Vex packs at all.

I do not want them for more "kits," as I do use the Roland kits; I create my own.

I would consider Vex for other reasons, such as more snare drum options, which I think are lacking in Roland's selections, and maybe other things I do not know about which perhaps you gents could shine light upon.

If advisable, which Vex should I go for?
    Where do I get it?
    I am not too techy-can I easily understand Vex and how to install, etc?

Please any feedback appreciated!

Thanks!
    TD-9 Ver 2 + TMC-6; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; KD-9; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 2; Kit Toy Crash 12" x 1 w/ Choke; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splashes 10" x 2 w/ Chokes; CY-5/FD-7; Pintech Dingbat used as Cow-Bell; TDA-700 & Simmons DA200S; Pearl 902 Double Pedal

You can get the vex packs from here http://www.vexpressionsltd.com/index.html

Also you will want to get this http://www.vdrumlib.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gurumystic View Post
      Gentlemen,

I have a TD-9SX
      I am considering adding some Vex stuff.
      I am not familiar with Vex packs at all.

I do not want them for more "kits," as I do use the Roland kits; I create my own.

I would consider Vex for other reasons, such as more snare drum options, which I think are lacking in Roland's selections, and maybe other things I do not know about which perhaps you gents could shine light upon.

If advisable, which Vex should I go for?
      Where do I get it?
      I am not too techy-can I easily understand Vex and how to install, etc?

Please any feedback appreciated!

Thanks!
      guru, vexpacks are just more kits, with tweaks. I assume you meant above that you do NOT use Rolands kits, you use your own....vex doesnt add any new sounds, they are the same snare sounds, for instance, with muffling and tuning options. Also, the eq and ambience settings are adjusted. but that is all vex is, the roland sounds adjusted by tuning, muffling, eq, and ambience, etc.

I suppose you could cherry pick the tweaked sounds, but it seems to me that as you are doing your own kits, and are happy with them, you dont need vex.

they are very simple to use, just down load to the computer, place them on a usb stick (my mp3 player works fine as a usb stick), and use the usb load function as stated in the manual, p 58.

we need to know more about your music and usage to know what type of sounds you want - I love the metal mania pack, but all four are excellent.
      TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
      HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

Working...
      X