X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunn Concert Slave Amplifier

I have someone nearby who has a Sunn Concert Slave amp, appears to be from the 1970s, that he wants to get rid of. It appears to be a very basic amp head (not a larger amp/speaker unit) with very little lettering, just a couple of front controls, and receptacles on the back for "In", "Out", and 2 (1/4") speaker outlets.

I was considering getting it to power my Altec system, which requires 200wats at 8 ohms.

The Sunn amp seems to be correct to handle my needs, but I can't find anything regarding it's specifications anywhere on the Internet and the person who owns it knows little about it.

Is anyone here familiar with this unit? Is this indeed a basic amp that would power such a speaker system from a set of edrums?
    Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

yes i know this stuff this was a top of the line amp for sun (sun was a middle line brand) it was ment to power p.a's.(in line with other of its kind,hence the name slave.) if the case is all black then its 1973 or before if its black and white its 1974 or later.they were real well built for their time. A ex 6 stringer i played with used one for over 25 years. mid 70's was the hight of their fame,i think they are still around owned by fender. hope this helps.

Comment

Thank you very much; this helps a lot.

The case is all black, so I guess it's pre-1974.

For clarification, by "in line with other of its kind,hence the name slave", does this mean I have to have another component between the speaker system and edrums for the intended amplification?
      Hart Pro 6.4 (Hammered Chrome), Roland TD-8, Gibraltar Throne w/ Backrest, Tama Iron Cobra Bass Pedal, ALTEC A7-500 "Voice of the Theatre" Speaker/Horn System with Sunn Concert Slave amp and lot of other audio stuff, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Zildjian DipSticks - and Czech Skorpian, Heckler & Koch MP5, etc Submachine Guns to stick out the window behind my kit for some quite unique fills...

Comment

no it should be stand alone,back in those days p.a's had to be very large with a lot of amps in order to be good(in 74 it was only 10 yrs since the beatles started touring the US.)monitors were only 6-7 years old. my gal pal said when she saw the stones in 64 the sound sys was very bad.

Comment

Thank you again for the info - I'll be picking it up for sure now, later today, as long as it seems to work OK...

Comment

Working...
          X