Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-20 editing software

Hi,
    Anyone seen a TD-20 editing software?
    I would really like to have a software editor (PC)for TD-20 backupfiles. It would be nice to be able to combine kits from several sources into one file.

Oldie

Was wanting to write one myelf - or at least a librarian, but I can't get the midi implementation info from Roland that I need to even have a CHANCE at succeeding.

I suppose I need to check back with them again. I got one booklet from them, but it doesn't have any of the sysex strings listed in it like the td-10 manual has. Every possible command is accessible via sysex via midi, so I know that this app would not be that hard once communication with the module is established and the correct algorith is put together for assembling and sending the strings out to the brain.

argh...

redbrick
    Blades
    My Website - Practical Home Recording Info and Tutorials - NEW!
    My Soundclick page
    Kevin Gilbert Cover Tune - From Here to There

Comment

redbrick,
      I really hope that you succeed in your effort. Add a interface to the backupfiles as well and you have a winner in my book..

I don't know why Roland holds back information on this.
      Maybee they are cooking up some of their own?

Oldie

Comment

Hi Oldie.

What are your sources for the kit you want to combine?

You could save them into seperate backup files on the card. then load individual kits in to your current setup. Once you finish, re-save it to a new name.
        Roland TD20 with Pearl double-pedals, and Yamaha 'professional' HH stand. Extra 2 x PD8, CY5 and Yamaha 5" cymbal. Personal PA - HK1000 amp, Koss 3AA headphones, Vic-Firth 5a-extra wood-tip Sticks, V-Expressions kit profiles. Band PA uses 2 x Bose L1 with three subs.

Comment

Hi Raymond,

I know, but beeing a "computer guy" I would really like to have some drag and drop functionality.
          I'm not that familiar with the module yet, so beeing lazy means looking for the easy way around things.

I've had the set for a little over a week, still completly blown away by the capabilities of this set. Practice is fun!!

Oldie

Comment

I'm a 'computer guy' and 'an oldie', welcome aboard.

Drag and drop is nice, but you have to have the computer on - and THE ROLAND DOESN'T CRASH.

Roland TD20 with Pearl double-pedals, and Yamaha 'professional' HH stand. Extra 2 x PD8, CY5 and Yamaha 5" cymbal. Personal PA - HK1000 amp, Koss 3AA headphones, Vic-Firth 5a-extra wood-tip Sticks, V-Expressions kit profiles. Band PA uses 2 x Bose L1 with three subs.

Comment

Redbrick- I'm also interested in developing utility software for the TD-20. Let me know if you'd like to collaborate.

What booklet did you get from Roland? I'm hoping that the "MIDI Implementation" document that they refer to on page 103 of the TD-20 Owner's Manual provides the level of detail that we're searching for. I just ordered it today ($11.49) before finding this thread. I called the Roland support number (323-890-3743) and was pleasantly surprised to have someone there know what I was talking about.

Comment

Wish I'd seen your post before you ordered that booklet. I got the same one and it is not what I was looking for. I want the "every parameter and the hex values to go with them" just like in the back of the td-10 manual. No one ever seems to know what I'm talking about at Roland when I call, so I haven't had luck.

I have already done some experimentation with mapping out bulk dumps of the td-10 and with sending individual sysex commands according to what I wanted affected to make sure I know what I was doing in the creation of the strings. Then I had a small VB program that would send certain things out and I was at the point where I was starting to connect controls to the code to change a thing or two. I also had the general jist of what I wanted to build and how the screen would look and what functions and how I would accomplish them - even down to the bits of code that would be most reusable. And I am not a programmer - used to be a mediocre one (at best) for mainframe Cobol...

Then I got the Td-20 and didn't care much to making the td-10 editor any more. Now I want to make a td-20 editor before I replace it as well!

Any leads to the data would be very welcome.

redbrick
                Blades
                My Website - Practical Home Recording Info and Tutorials - NEW!
                My Soundclick page
                Kevin Gilbert Cover Tune - From Here to There

Comment

Working...
                X