X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with midi

I have installed Superior Drummer 2.0 on my computer and have a td-9. However, I was trying to install Midisport UNO onto the computer to use as the midi device. But when running the setup program I get an error saying that:

The software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the software vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing.

I looked here on the forums and this was a suggested midi device. Also, I downloaded the latest drivers for this midi device from their website (version 4.2.0) but still get the same message. Have any of you ran into this same problem. Thanks for your help.
    Roland TD-9, Roland PD-85 (x7), Roland PD-105, Roland KD-120, Roland VH-11, Roland CY-5 (x2), Roland CY-12C (x2), Roland CY-13R (x2), Tama Iron Cobra dual kick pedal, DW 9000 remote hi-hat, Tama Cobra Clutch

I use the uno without a problem. If I got that message, I just ignored it ...

do you have service pack 3?
    TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
    HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

Yes. When I go to control panel and clicked system this is what it says I have

System:
      Microsoft Windows XP
      Professional
      Version 2002
      Service Pack 3

Computer:
      Intel(R) Core (TM) Duo CPU
      P8400 @ 2.26 GHz
      1.58 GHz, 2.95 GB of RAM
      Physical Address Extension
      Roland TD-9, Roland PD-85 (x7), Roland PD-105, Roland KD-120, Roland VH-11, Roland CY-5 (x2), Roland CY-12C (x2), Roland CY-13R (x2), Tama Iron Cobra dual kick pedal, DW 9000 remote hi-hat, Tama Cobra Clutch

Comment

Originally posted by neaceul View Post
        Yes. When I go to control panel and clicked system this is what it says I have

System:
        Microsoft Windows XP
        Professional
        Version 2002
        Service Pack 3

Computer:
        Intel(R) Core (TM) Duo CPU
        P8400 @ 2.26 GHz
        1.58 GHz, 2.95 GB of RAM
        Physical Address Extension
        Ah. I have the Home Edition. Your Professional edition has additional precautions wired into it, for safety. The Uno works without a problem on my H.E. I would think it would work fine also with yours, but that is a decision you have to make, if you think the risk is worth it. You could try contacting M-audio and asking if it is safe.

Good luck!
        TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

This is not my computer so I think I will just go out and buy a cheap one and see how it goes. Any suggestions for what type of computer to get?

Comment

at least dual core, windows 7 64 bit home edition, 4gb ram..

SD2, like all sample libraries, actually works best if they are located on a separate drive from the host program, so get a 500GB external drive. Get a sound card that has good ASIO drivers (if you are looking at a laptop, you will need an external audio interface as a sound card).

good hunting!

three shelter cats

Comment

I think it's save to say that the 'verify compatibility with Windows XP'-issue can be ignored indeed. The Steinberg Midex interface has this warning aswell, when you try to install the driver. Steinberg even encouraged it's customers to simply ignore it during installation!
              Greetings from Switzerland,
              - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

ok got a new computer and got superior drummer loaded and the midi loaded (m-audio midisport uno). The midi blinks showing its hooked up to the computer and ready to work but I get no response to superior drummer from my td-9 throught the midi. the midi shows no blinking lights of receiving any signal from the drums. I have selected the midi from options on superior drummer but may have placed the midi file wrong into superior drummer. any help would be appreciated because I have been working on several problems with superior drummer and/or midi for two days and haven't had much success with superior drummer yet. Thanks in advance.
                Last edited by neaceul; 04-12-12, 11:25 PM.

Comment

“TO MIDI OUT” connector of the M-Audio USB MIDISPORT Uno is connected to MIDI OUT of the TD-9?

Bruce
                  • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
                  • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Yes. I even looked in the td-9 manual but that was no help. So it is hooked up to the midi out on the td-9 with the midi out part of the midisport and connected to the computer with the usb on the midi. I did uninstall the driver for the midi after reading the manual for the midi and tried their suggestion of just plugging in the midi and it will automatically get the correct driver since it is class-compliant and they say it will need no additional drivers (my computer is running Windows 7). Also, the CD with the driver won't work because of the operating system of my computer (the drivers on the CD are for earlier versions of Windows).
                    I plugged in the midi into the usb and it did find the drivers needed and is blinking that it is working properly. However, somehow the drums are not triggering the midi. The light on the midi for the receiving of a signal does not light up.

Comment

Strange thing happened. I took my td9 brain to work and the computer and a trigger pad. The midi now lights up that it is receiving the signal from the trigger pad. However it is not triggering superior drummer. I did select the midi from options menu.

Comment

Originally posted by neaceul View Post
                        Strange thing happened. I took my td9 brain to work and the computer and a trigger pad. The midi now lights up that it is receiving the signal from the trigger pad. However it is not triggering superior drummer. I did select the midi from options menu.
                        Is Superior set to listen to Midi Channel Omni (or ALL), or 1 (which may be the default). It should be set to All..or 10 which is the drum channel.

three shelter cats

Comment

It is set to omni. I tried channel 10 and got no response either. The strange thing is when you go to the arrow down on SUP2 (on the side menu with a volume slider for SUP2 and MASTER on left side of screen) and select midi it doesn't let you select anything (no choices actually come up. It makes no response). However, i can select a channel with many possible choices.

Comment

ok I did a little experiment. I downloaded the drivers for the midi and installed them. after that the midi stopped responding to the input of the drum pad. I then uninstalled the drivers and the midi is accepting input from the drum pad. However, superior drummer is still not responding to the midi.

Comment

Working...
                            X