X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toontrack metal machine EZX

I heard this and it is one of the better libraries in my opinion even though i don't listen to metal. Does anyone have this? I heard a bit of machine gunning in a youtube demo. The drum tuning and recording is superb.
    Peter

I'm suprised more people are not using it. It is a fantastic library, I use it for nearly everything now. It plays very nice too.
    No machine gunning at all on my setup.

Comment

This is the only kit I play with now. I did swap out a kick from Avatar, and I use the Paiste 602 ride from The Classic. Cant remember if I am using the factory snare but the toms on this kit are perfect.

Comment

I couldn't resist, I just bought it.... Will try it out with my super hd3...
        Roland TD-15 module PDX100 KD-120 2 x PDX-6 2 x PDX-8 2 x CY-14 CY-15R VH-11 8" Kit Toys Splash and 14" China CY-12C Macbook Pro loaded with: SD2 (Evil Drums, C&V, Metal Foundry, NY Studios 2) AD (Retro and Funk packs) BFD ECO (Evil Drums, Zildjian P 1) Studio Drummer.

Comment

Originally posted by edtxer View Post
          I couldn't resist, I just bought it.... Will try it out with my super hd3...
          I assume you bought the downloaded version. How do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post
            I assume you bought the downloaded version. How do you like it?
            Yep. Im still waiting for the license info from audio deluxe. They don't work weekends.....
            Roland TD-15 module PDX100 KD-120 2 x PDX-6 2 x PDX-8 2 x CY-14 CY-15R VH-11 8" Kit Toys Splash and 14" China CY-12C Macbook Pro loaded with: SD2 (Evil Drums, C&V, Metal Foundry, NY Studios 2) AD (Retro and Funk packs) BFD ECO (Evil Drums, Zildjian P 1) Studio Drummer.

Comment

You should be up and running by now. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by csnow View Post
                You should be up and running by now. What do you think?
                He's having too much fun playing to reply.

Comment

Originally posted by jem454 View Post
                  He's having too much fun playing to reply.
                  Hehe, not quite but I have played with it a bit this morning and:
                  - at first load, wow, 20 kit pieces of pure glory, makes me feel bad having an hd3 with 8 pieces....
                  - snares are a bit too much roomy for my taste, but hey, that's what metal asks for no? My favorite one is the Sonor artist bronze, my least favorite the dunnet titanium( the most expensive lol)
                  - only 2 hats, I enjoyed the Zildjian master sound
                  - the Tama toms are undoubtedly the "hammer" as my good German friends say, meaning incredible and really good.
                  -none of the rides convinced me, I'll better take the 22" paiste formula from the classic ez pack
                  -the spocks are nice, a couple of chinas there
                  - the tama kicks are good, the 26" Ludwig is Not that good for my taste.
                  Here is a tiny demo bounced directly in SD2 solo
                  http://soundcloud.com/edxter/metal-machine-ezx-hd3
                  Last edited by edtxer; 04-17-12, 03:37 AM.

Comment

I agree with you. The ride was weak so I went with the Paiste from the Classic. That ride is incredible. I also swapped the kick and snare. I guess I just love the toms in this kit. I have a 5 tom setup so finding a kit that is large and sounds great was a big plus. Tuning xdrums up or down in pitch didnt sound as good as having the actual drum sample for all the sizes.

Comment

I bought it and installed it, played for a few seconds and didn't really go back, thinking..."ah, it's just an EZX. Not as deep as an SDX." Read through this thread today and thought I'd give it another chance. The more I play it, the more I like it. I do have a large kit (5 Toms also), so having all those pieces by default is nice, just wish there were a few more options in the cymbals. I'll just throw some X-Drums from the other libraries in there to expand the cymbals. It's a simple library and has a small memory footprint which is nice. I'm running a 400mb or so kit, vs the normal 3gb kits I run.
                      TD-10 w/TDW-1, TD-6V, TMC-6, PD-125, (4x) PD-120, PD-105, (3x) PD-100, (2x)PD-85, PD-7, VH-11, CY-15R/C, CY-5, (4x)CY-8, (2x)Yammy PCY-135
                      Superior 2.3, Metal Foundry, NY Studios, C&V, JB Evil Drums, Music City USA, and almost all EZX's
                      M-Audio Audiophile 192/Intel Core i3 530 2.93Ghz w/16gb RAM/Win7 64bit/Reaper 64bit
                      QSC K10 and QSC KSub...Roc-n-Soc saving my behind!
                      Lots of Charvel & Jackson guitars and basses, too many amps and cabs, lotsa effects.

My Kit's Evolution Thread (PICS)

Comment

Got this and set up my own small kit. I turned down the reverb on everything and turned up the room ambience on the snare rimshot. I like the dunnett snare the best. I swapped the paiste hats from the classic and the sabian ride from music city.
                        Peter

Comment

Originally posted by scd View Post
                          Got this and set up my own small kit. I turned down the reverb on everything and turned up the room ambience on the snare rimshot. I like the dunnett snare the best. I swapped the paiste hats from the classic and the sabian ride from music city.
                          Peter
                          Care to share your preset? I'm no pro so I can't say for sure I'm able to modify the different effects.

Comment

See how this sounds: http://soundcloud.com/peterw/metal-machine
                            I did it on headphones so I will check it tomorrow on the speakers and probably make some adjustments. The hi hat is the most difficult for realism but I like the sound of the Paiste hats from the classic. I used the Sabian ride from Music city as well. I like the Dunnet snare although the rimshot is intense. It probably needs a bit of compression on the direct mic.

Peter

Comment

Sounds great Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X