X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superior drummer confusion.

I'm looking at getting surperior drummer 2 but I've noticed there are several "versions"? of it. Are some download only? why would price vary from $299 to $199? What different about the programs? I definitly want to get the metal foundry too and that one was $399. I'm confused. please help me out.

Megadrum 56 with 1/8" jacks

8 piece split shell kit with crossbar setup:
    2-12"x4"
    2-13"x4.5"
    2-16"x8"
    2-22"x8"

cymbals:
    14" hi-hats
    20" ride
    18" china
    13" crash
    8" splash

home-made mesh heads using donor hoops and super sun screen.

Probably depending on what expansions (sample libraries) are included with it.
    9 Piece Custom Diamond Electronics Hybrid
    Roland TD20x, Yamaha Multi 12, Megadrum 56
    VH12, CY15R, 6 Kit Toys Crashes.

Comment

There is no legal "download only" version of Superior Drummer or any of the SDX expansion libraries.

Rail
      Platinum Samples
      www.platinumsamples.com

sigpic

Comment

Well, you may be looking at different versions of the title and the difference between MSRP and discounted pricing.

Check AudioDeluxe for a good price; here's what you're looking for:
        http://audiodeluxe.com/products/toon...ior-drummer-20
        http://audiodeluxe.com/products/toon...al-foundry-sdx
        They also have a "Make an Offer" price, which you can try to leverage if you buy a few titles (the prices are pretty low on SD2.0 and Metal Foundry).
        Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
        Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

I've seen discounts on the net, I think I've seen metal foundry and other expansions for 99 bucks. Or was it 129? I don't remember, anyway look around. Check ebay. I think I saw a bundle of superior drummer with metal foundry for 299.

I think a combination of metal foundry cymbals and the rest of the kit from evil drums is the holy grail of drum sound. Nothing else comes close IMO. You should definitely check out evil drums too

Comment

Evil Drums SDX is discontinued... pick it up at a retailer who still has it in stock if you can find it.

Rail
            Platinum Samples
            www.platinumsamples.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PlatinumSamples View Post
              Evil Drums SDX is discontinued... pick it up at a retailer who still has it in stock if you can find it.

Rail
              Damn, too bad. Best sounding drums ever.

Comment

You might also be getting confused with the Crossgrade version, that version is just an upgrade for ezdrummer hence the lower price.

If your interested I have my Superior Drummer 2.0 for sale in the Classifieds

Rick

Ludwig A to E - TD-12 Module - VH-11 - FD-8 - 2 PD-8's - CY5 - 2 CY12R - PCY155 - Pearl Eliminator bass pedal - ATH M50 - 2 JBL EON 515XT - Mackie PROFX12 - Yamaha MX49

Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's -
                Studio Drummer - Addictive Drums - Steven Slate 4 Platinum
                Dell XPS 8700 - 4th Gen i7 4770 - 16 GB Memory 1TB Hard Drive 7200 RPM - Komplete Audio 6 - Reaper - Cubase Ai 6 DAW

Comment

Originally posted by frankzappa View Post
                  I've seen discounts on the net... I think I saw a bundle of superior drummer with metal foundry for 299.
                  Audio Deluxe will save you about $70 on that price... they list on ebay as well.
                  Hardware: TD20SX --> Roland UA-25EX --> MSI GT780DX w/ i7 2670, 16-GB of Ram, Windows 7
                  Software: Superior Drummer 2.0, Metal Foundry SDX, Metal Machine EZX, Toontrack Solo - - Sonor X1 Studio - -

Comment

Originally posted by PlatinumSamples View Post

Rail
                    That surprising. Sounds like BFD is the way to go now,especially with all the new improvements for E drummers.

Peter

Comment

FZ, do you use the x-drum feature to build your kit from multiple libraries? Just curious if there's a better way which obviously you would know!

Comment

Originally posted by jwiddy View Post
                        FZ, do you use the x-drum feature to build your kit from multiple libraries? Just curious if there's a better way which obviously you would know!
                        Yeah, this is doable in S2 and BFD2. Its actually easier in BFD2, all of your drums from all libraries are treated as one big library but very do-able with S2. You need to tweak it a ittle since different libraries were recorded in different studios so they sound .... different. Cymbals are easier to blend in IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                        X