Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EZDrummer + TD-12 + Hihat Problem !!

Hi

I have a real big Problem. Im sure anyone can help me.

The open and closed sound does not work. If i close the hihat it sounds open.

How do i trigger this ? Im using Cubase SX and VH-11 Hi Hat!

Please help. Thx

I triggert the open to midi note 26 and closed hihat(edge) to 22. But the the sound is everytime closed (22). What is wrong. Anyone else who has the same problem ??

Comment

Start by setting the TD-12 HiHat edge to MIDI note #11 and HiHat bow to MIDI note #12. This will give a wide range of HiHat control in EZdrummer from a Roland module.

I've also heard recently that MIDI note #7 for edge and #8 for bow producer a more subtle response, though I haven't tried it first hand yet.

Also, be certain that the foot controller (CC #4) is translating through Cubase into the EZdrummer plugin. In Sonar, it worked without setting a thing, but I don't know if takes any configuration in other hosts.
      Recordings:
      | Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
      | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

How can i set the CC #4 in Cubase ?

Sorry but im new in that.

thx4your help !!

Comment

HiHat edge to MIDI note #11
          HiHat bow to MIDI note #12
          That doesn´t work.

Keyboard Layout from Ezdrummer says -> 22 Closed Edge Sound -> If i do that the sound is everytime closed. The pedal don´t work.

What can i do to learn ezdrummer the differents between open and closed pedal ??

Can anybody help me ??

Comment

EZdrummer 1.1.0 update

Toontrack released an update of EZdrummer.
            http://www.toontrack.com/news.asp?id=89
            Perhaps the update will fix your problem.
            At least it will prevent some other future bugs .

Comment

i've installed the update, and i also did a module reset for other reasons.

I don't know why, but without touching any note settings, the HH in ezdrummer work just fine with a VH11 and a TD6... Open/close/ footchik are really nice......

Comment

Another question about EZdrummer and Hihats, Im currently using a Yamaha DTX version 2.0 module and a mono pad as my hihatpad. I use EZdrummer in Fruity Loops, just to play around (recording with FL is something different then Cubase or something). But I only get the open en closed sounds for the hihat, so nothing in between like a halfopen sound. Is this normal if you use edrums with EZdrummer or are there possible settings to get the hihat fully functional??

Comment

I too am having a heck of a time getting accurate MIDI output when recording my VH-12 hi-hats on my TD-20 into Sonar HS 6.2... Have tried setting MIDI channel in/out for both open bow and open edge to 46, closed to 42 'cause the drum maps in Sonar HS 6 can't handle channels 22 and 26 but still getting very weird/unrealistic hi-hat sounds when recording via MIDI. What MIDI channel in/out settings work best for a VH-12 hat when recording via Sonar HS?

Thanks!
                  Current: TD-30, TD-12 modules/TD-20 pads
                  Previous: TD-3, TD-5, TD-8

Comment

EZ doesn't seem to be useing the standard note #46

Comment

Hello everybody, considering that I've got the same problem as one_question123 I won't open a new thread.

I'm also using cubase SX + EzDrummer with roland td-12 and my h.h. vh-11 doesn't work well.
                      If i close the hihat it sounds open and if I push the pedal it gives me two notes in cubase piano editor (G# and Bb).
                      I don't know if it's a drummap error...or ezdrummer...
                      How can I fix it?
                      Thanks in advance

Comment

You have to map your MIDI output of the module to suite EZDrummer's map (or have some kind of intermediary MIDI mapping layer). This is because the EZDrummer engine does not have a user-defined MIDI Mapping feature.

In my first post to the thread I indicated the two absolute note values that a Roland module should send in relation to the bow and the edge. Try that first. It works fine for me within Sonar using a TD-10/VH-11.

If you want to have complete software mapping control within the drum engine, and you want to use the EZDrummer sound, you can run Superior Drummer 2.0 and load the EZDrummer kit. The Superior Drummer 2.0 engine is designed specifically for eDrum usage, while EZDrummer leans more on the side of being a producer's tool for sequencing/grooves/loops (with edrum ability, no doubt).
                        Recordings:
                        | Argos | Your Cloud | Lost In Germany | Life Wasted | Identity Crisis
                        | The Xerophyte | Red Barchetta | Subdivisions or Drums Only |

Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, dfhS samples and Platinum Samples Evil Drums.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_K View Post
                          In my first post to the thread I indicated the two absolute note values that a Roland module should send in relation to the bow and the edge. Try that first. It works fine for me within Sonar using a TD-10/VH-11.

Yes Joe, I've already tried this solution but it doesn't work completely because when I push vh-11 pedal with my foot I still hear two overlapping sounds.
                          I've found a software called edrum monitor which could be useful to me but it's so difficult...
                          Thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X