Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

You own a TD-30... Now what?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    We start from scratch on every kit.
    Alan
    ______________________________________________
    check out our website to get kits for your Roland module: v expressions ltd

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Alan @ V Expressions View Post
      We start from scratch on every kit.
      So when you gonna start "scratching" that "itch"? hehehehehehe................
      8 piece DIY Acrylic http://www.quartzpercussions.com/, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions http://stealthdrums.com/Home_Page.html, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid http://drumagination.com/ , Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting http://jeredsystems.com/index.php
      http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Alan @ V Expressions View Post
        We start from scratch on every kit.
        Gotcha. So unlike these other VST programs this can be uploaded directly into the module and you are good to go wherever you take the kit. No need to run a computer with the module to get the sounds. Just upload and go. Cool.

        Well, I will be trying to make some kits myself and if the frustration is too great I'm sure I will be coming back here to get a pack or two.

        Have fun working with the TD-30. I would love to hear what you put together.
        Tommy_D's Drum Thread - Lots of photos - Video - Custom TD-30 Kits!

        Comment


        • #19
          This is not a VST program. This is "altered" sounds that you upload into your module replacing the current set of kits you have there.
          TD30KV, KC-550, SPD-S, Tama Iron Cobra double peddle, Jamhub Greenroom, IWdrums lites, TD-10TDW-1, Vex:Classic XP, System 1, Expressions, Master 50, The Vault, Stealth AtoE 16" Ride, 2 14" Crash, 8" Splash, 10" HH Cymbals, SPD-30 Octopad, RMP-5 Rhythm Coach, TD-10 (brain only)

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by fulrmr(Daniel) View Post
            So when you gonna start "scratching" that "itch"? hehehehehehe................
            Been scratching. It's why my post contribution has plummeted.

            Originally posted by Tommy_D View Post
            Gotcha. So unlike these other VST programs this can be uploaded directly into the module and you are good to go wherever you take the kit. No need to run a computer with the module to get the sounds. Just upload and go. Cool.

            Well, I will be trying to make some kits myself and if the frustration is too great I'm sure I will be coming back here to get a pack or two.

            Have fun working with the TD-30. I would love to hear what you put together.
            We provide modeling to reshape sounds within the module to create completely different kits. Here's a FAQ from our website that may help you understand better...

            Q: Are your expansions samples?

            A: Roland TD modules are not capable of loading or utilizing third party samples. Our expansions are the product of hours, days, weeks, months and even years of experienced programmer's modeling with Roland's COSM modeling technology. Our service is to provide these completely custom modeled kits so you do not have to spend these long amounts of time doing it yourself. We provide the best alternative solution for live, gigging and recording TD module drummers without having to carry around laptops, computers and samplers to trigger external or third party samples. Our expansions are far superior in terms of flexibility in regards to being able to completely remodel any sound to your preference, as well as build your very own dream kits from your favorite components from our expansions. (copying any of the 800 modeled instruments in each expansion to build your own custom kit) Each kit we design is started from absolute scratch and no module default kits are used in any way.
            Alan
            ______________________________________________
            check out our website to get kits for your Roland module: v expressions ltd

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Alan @ V Expressions View Post
              It's actually funny you mention that. I have had a very similar (maybe even the same) idea. The pack is going to be called "Essentials", and I think it's what you're describing. I thought it up about a week ago after I replied to someone and shared how I use a handful of kits with slight variations for gigging. Basically, I plan to create about 15-20 really killer all-around good-for-everything kits - and then create 3 versions of each with different changes for different needs. I just haven't decided if I'm going with name brands, description or what as the kit names.
              Have bought VEX before and ended up tweaking them for live (EON2). "Essentials" would be a must have for me. :-)

              Comment


              • #22
                Any idea on when you will have a vex out for the 30? I ordered a module and hope to have it in 5-6 weeks. Think an acoustic vex pack good for gigging will be out by then?
                TD-30 module with a TD-20SX kit into a JBL PRX615M stage monitor. DW9000 series hi-hat and double bass pedal. Now using a modified "Nashville" kit on the TD-30.

                My old band's Youtube Channel: Project Mayhem, all TD-20 mixes.

                Comment


                • #23
                  No ETA at the moment.
                  Alan
                  ______________________________________________
                  check out our website to get kits for your Roland module: v expressions ltd

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Alan @ V Expressions View Post
                    It's actually funny you mention that. I have had a very similar (maybe even the same) idea. The pack is going to be called "Essentials", and I think it's what you're describing. I thought it up about a week ago after I replied to someone and shared how I use a handful of kits with slight variations for gigging. Basically, I plan to create about 15-20 really killer all-around good-for-everything kits - and then create 3 versions of each with different changes for different needs. I just haven't decided if I'm going with name brands, description or what as the kit names.
                    Would this be something you might extend to other modules(12/20)? I for one would be all over this!


                    Hart 6.4,with additional pintech and kit toys cymbals,
                    Roland td-8, td-3 modules,
                    and a burning desire to be the best drummer in my basement.
                    Travel set-TD-12 module,Hart pro snare, pd100x2, pd125, cy5, hart hammer kick, cy15, cy14x2, Alesis percpad

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by gordon6w View Post
                      Would this be something you might extend to other modules(12/20)? I for one would be all over this!
                      Probably not, but maybe for the 15 & 11 down the road.
                      Alan
                      ______________________________________________
                      check out our website to get kits for your Roland module: v expressions ltd

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Essentials, sounds like a winner to me!
                        Although have yet to get the TD30!!!
                        NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I'd love to hear what VSTs people want me to emulate or tackle. I'm up to the challenge of seeing how close the 30 can get.
                          Alan
                          ______________________________________________
                          check out our website to get kits for your Roland module: v expressions ltd

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Alan @ V Expressions View Post
                            I'd love to hear what VSTs people want me to emulate or tackle. I'm up to the challenge of seeing how close the 30 can get.
                            Joe Barresi Evil Drums...
                            8 piece DIY Acrylic http://www.quartzpercussions.com/, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions http://stealthdrums.com/Home_Page.html, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid http://drumagination.com/ , Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting http://jeredsystems.com/index.php
                            http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Superior Drummer EZX's The Classic and Metal Machine
                              Oh, and Evil Drums for BFD Eco
                              Roland TD-15 module PDX100 KD-120 2 x PDX-6 2 x PDX-8 2 x CY-14 CY-15R VH-11 8" Kit Toys Splash and 14" China CY-12C Macbook Pro loaded with: SD2 (Evil Drums, C&V, Metal Foundry, NY Studios 2) AD (Retro and Funk packs) BFD ECO (Evil Drums, Zildjian P 1) Studio Drummer.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I'd say ocean way drums and steven slate are among the best "sounding" ones. However I don't see the point of trying to emulate VST sounds, there are many records with better drum sound than any VST. Mike Portnoys sound on the song As I Am for instance is one of my favorites. Gavin harrison has a killer sound, benny greb etc. Better than any VST's I've heard.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X