X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peavey kb4 or kb5

Hello to all you e drummers , I have just purchased a sh td6 and very pleased with it . I have been reading all your praise for the peavey kb4 , The point is that i may have the chance of a kb5 ,is it as good as or better than the kb4 that you have all been raving about. also is the roland tda 700 a good amp what i am really looking for i suppose is the same sort of quality that i get through my headphones. I would like to go out performing with a band and want the best quality of sound i can get ,can anyone help as i am all new to this.

Welcome to the board. If you've been reading all the prior post here on the subject, you know there are about as many opinions as there are posters. I've been using the KB-4 for a while and I really like it. I can't really comment on the KB-5, but the only post I've read on it here was negative, if I remember. Maybe someone who has one can chime in. I know my main reason for going for the KB-4 over the KB-5 is that the KB-5 is a BIG amp (not that the KB-4 is tiny - it weighs in at about 85 pounds) and I didn't want to lug that much amp around. The KB-4 had the best combination of features and size for my particular needs. Now is the part where bjb extols the virtues of the PA/mixer combo...
    TD-30, PD-128S-BC, VH-13, TDW-20, SPD-S, TD-8, PD-125BK, PD-9s, CY-12 R/C (x4), KD-7 (sometimes one, sometimes 2, sometimes more), Tama Artstar II Maple, Tama SilverStar Limited Edition Tamo Ash, and Traps A400 a-drums w/Ludwig Black Beauty snare, Zildjian & Sabian a-cyms, Yamaha PTX-8 System, Peavey PA (2x SP-5Gs and XR 8600 amp), 600W Mackie sub, Customized TDA-700 w/Black Widow 1505KADT woofer, Peavey KB60

Comment

kb4 or kb5

Thanks for your advice Rythymstick, It comes down to that old saying, bigger is not always better!!!!.Do you know of any reviews or feedback on the roland v amp tda 700?

Comment

Beat Director
        I looked at the KB4 and KB5 and was advised to buy the KB4 because it has a 15" speaker and the KB5 uses 2 smaller speakers. I really like the sound I get with the KB4 and it has enough power for a practice room. When we play live we just run a mic cable from the KB4 to the PA. The only thing I have noticed is that my bass drum will sometimes cause a peak. I see the power light go from green to red when I hit the bass drum. With a little tweaking it will stay green. I think for the money it is a great sounding amp with a lot of versatility. Lisa
        Lisa Brillinger

Hart 5.3 pro with HD 8" tom added, HD 10" tom added. Roland cy6x2 and HD ECS 16R, Roland HH, and Roland TD8. Peavey KB4

Comment

kb4 or kb5

Thankyou Lisa for your advice it sort of makes sense i suppose to have a large speaker rather than two small ones. From what ive seen and heard here i think im sold on the kb4.What do you reckon two kb4,s would sound like and would you be able to run two side by side ,would it be an awesome sound.thanks again

Comment

I image two KB-4s would sound pretty good! I've never had mine peak like Vettek mentioned (at least, not that I've noticed), but I guess now I'll watch it more closely and see. Sorry Beat D, but I don't know of any TDA-700 reviews off hand, but you might try the search enging on this site or take a look over at edrumming.com...
            TD-30, PD-128S-BC, VH-13, TDW-20, SPD-S, TD-8, PD-125BK, PD-9s, CY-12 R/C (x4), KD-7 (sometimes one, sometimes 2, sometimes more), Tama Artstar II Maple, Tama SilverStar Limited Edition Tamo Ash, and Traps A400 a-drums w/Ludwig Black Beauty snare, Zildjian & Sabian a-cyms, Yamaha PTX-8 System, Peavey PA (2x SP-5Gs and XR 8600 amp), 600W Mackie sub, Customized TDA-700 w/Black Widow 1505KADT woofer, Peavey KB60

Comment

Beat Director
              I think 2 KB4's would sound great, and would also build even more arm strength after lugging 2 of those things around! lol! Lisa
              Lisa Brillinger

Hart 5.3 pro with HD 8" tom added, HD 10" tom added. Roland cy6x2 and HD ECS 16R, Roland HH, and Roland TD8. Peavey KB4

Comment

kb4 and kb5

Many thanks to Vettek119 and Rythymstik for your help and comments i am going to go and buy a kb4. Just the one will do until a few more quid flys in, I will post you when i have got it and tell you how delighted i will be. Many thanks for the warm welcome to vdrums.com. take care now.

Comment

I just recently exchanged my Roland SPD-S for a Peavey KB-5 from Sweetwater. My Sales rep. said with the two 10" speakers it gives the amp a better range from High's, Mids, and Lows. My three choices was the Peavey KB-4, KB-5 or the the Hartke KM200. My Sales rep. recommended the KB-5. Yes he said that it is bigger than the all the others but it would be the best with the Roland V-Drums. I will be getting mine this Monday. I will let you know how the KB-5 sounds.
                  Drummer 4 Him,

Ron

Comment

Working...
                  X