X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD 10 query

On the inputs that have separate rim/head settings, could you split the signals and have inputs from two different pads via mono cables and an adapter cable?

I want the answer to be yes

Yes, but you lose V-Edit unless you use a Raper circuit. Also if you are adding cymblas this way you lose choke and bell, they basically become a single zone pad.
    You could also get a TMC6 and add inputs that way.
    Here's an old thread that I found using the search engine

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...g-TD-10-inputs
    I have sold every last bit of my E KIt, even cables! Odery Eyedentity LA Rock sizes in Mappa Burl, Paiste Alpha Boomers, 14 Hats, 16 and 18 Crashes, 22 ride (it's a beast!) Mapex Hardware, Axis Double Pedal

Comment

Originally posted by KevH View Post
      Yes, but you lose V-Edit unless you use a Raper circuit. Also if you are adding cymblas this way you lose choke and bell, they basically become a single zone pad.
      You could also get a TMC6 and add inputs that way.
      Here's an old thread that I found using the search engine

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...g-TD-10-inputs
      Search? Bah! I want you to feel useful here I read the linked thread and didn't understand a single sentance of this post:

The simplest way to split inputs on TD-10 is to use a trick that is connect two pads (one piezo/rim switch and another mono) at the same input (considering that the input is piezo/switch type) with Hosa YPP-118 (two female stereo / one male stereo) and not insert the plug from the cable of the mono pad till the deadly end (make sure that the plug just be inserted only till the sleeve or a little more) on the female plug. Assigning two sounds on a piezo/switch input on TD-10 module is simple, and you will have two pads at one input, one with two sounds (the piezo/switch pad, like CY type pads) and the another (mono pad) with the sound that came from the center of the CY type pad. In this way, you´ll be abble to play with the bow and edge of the CY pad and the center of the mono pad, assuming that the sound of the mono pad and the bow of the CY pad will be the same.

I don't know what the Vedit is so I guess I won't miss it. If I do miss it, I will have to learn what a reaper circuit is. And.... don't use the choke because they have both failed and I had to disconnect them as they were choking when I struck the rim.

Comment

Ok. V Edit first. It is the advanced sound editing feature on the TD10, but you may not have it if it's an early module anyway, so that may be why you don't know about it.
        Secondly. Your choke issue is to do with crosstalk settings I suspect, nothing more.
        Ok, paragraph you quoted is basically saying yes to what you want to do. Get a stereo splitter like this one:

http://www.searchpos.co.uk/cablestop...er_adapter.gif

Put that into the dual trigger outputs on the module, then put a cable from each output on the splitter to the pads. Go into the TD10 menu, and assign the sounds you want to each pad in the usual manner, and that's it, roberts your dad's brother.
        I have sold every last bit of my E KIt, even cables! Odery Eyedentity LA Rock sizes in Mappa Burl, Paiste Alpha Boomers, 14 Hats, 16 and 18 Crashes, 22 ride (it's a beast!) Mapex Hardware, Axis Double Pedal

Comment

Thanks Man!!

And, Robert is my Dad's brother.

Comment

Originally posted by New Tricks View Post
            Thanks Man!!

Lol.......

Comment

Thanks Man!!

actually Robert(a) was my father's sister, but no one ever says 'and Bob's your aunt-'...
              TD9+6v module, KD-8, custom Diamond Electronic 12" snare + 2x8" + 2x10" toms, PD-85, 4xPD8, 2xCY8, CY-5, CY-12r/c, Pearl P902 double pedals, Diamond Electronic COWBELL!
              HPD-10 ATH-50M phones and 4 Vex Packs for the TD-9

Gibson Les Paul. + pod xtl, Norman acoustic, Fender J-Bass + gt10b

Clavia Nord Stage 2 Synth/Stage Piano Samson SR850 'phones

cubase, garritan personal orchestra, JABB, symphonic choirs, Sibelius, reason 6.5, IPAD 2 with lots of soft synths...

three shelter cats

Comment

I have my Y adapter, TRS male <---> two TS female.

I was assuming that my existing TRS cords from pad to module would plug into the ts mono parts of the splitter and split the trigger signals but.....? Not getting both signals/triggers.

The head signal from the pad should go thru the T and S portion, and the R portin would be non functional.....right?

Crap. Not working.

Comment

Using the seach function, it appears that I can not do this.

But a TD-10 doesn't have any inputs designed to be split like 1/2 and 11/12 on the TD-8.

You can only split the piezo/rim-switch inputs on a TD-10 (which is all of them apart from the snare) by using a Raper circuit. (No standard or modified splitter cable will do it.)

Comment

Some confusion seems to have crept into this thread:

On the inputs that have separate rim/head settings, ...
                    All TD-10 inputs have separate head/rim settings.

Yes, but you lose V-Edit unless you use a Raper circuit.
                    I can't see any connection between V-Edit and a Raper circuit.

Ok. V Edit first. It is the advanced sound editing feature on the TD10, but you may not have it if it's an early module anyway, so that may be why you don't know about it.
                    All TD-10 modules have COSM/V-Edit for all drums.

Secondly. Your choke issue is to do with crosstalk settings I suspect, nothing more.
                    That doesn't seem likely at all to me. Much more likely to be internal rubber debris permanently activating the choke switch.

Ok, paragraph you quoted is basically saying yes to what you want to do. Get a stereo splitter like this one:
                    ... Go into the TD10 menu, and assign the sounds you want to each pad in the usual manner,
                    A stereo splitter is only any good for the same sounds from both pads.

I have my Y adapter, TRS male <---> two TS female.
                    But that's not a stereo splitter, which had been suggested twice.

Using the seach function, it appears that I can not do this.
                    Not with any cable or adapter for different sounds on each pad, only with a Raper circuit for each input.

Bruce
                    • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
                    • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                      Not with any cable or adapter for different sounds on each pad, only with a Raper circuit for each input.

Bruce
                      Yeah. You said that back in 2003 I think

Apparently I could accomplish this with a td 20 but they have 15 inputs which is all I realy need.

Mo money I guess

Comment

The td-20 would work but so would a TMC-6 for a lot less money. You can even use the V-edit if you assign the rim sounds to Midi notes numbers mapped back to the TMC-6.

Comment

Seriously consider an Alesis PercPad. You can find em for under $100 and they work like a charm when connected via MIDI to a Roland module. Gives you 4 pads right there.

www.dauphinehotel.com
                          www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
                          www.digitaldrummermag.com
                          Mix and Match Heaven: TD-12 or EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, Hart Acupad toms, Roland CY-5 mounted on a Hart Ecymbal II Pro Pedal, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" bass, 2 Roland CY-14 crashes, two Concept 1 cymbals, a Yamaha PCY-10, all on a red Roland V-Sessions rack. Pads on hiatus: PD-7, Kit Toy Splash, Hart single-zone HH, Alesis DMPad ride and an entire Concept 1 kit.

Comment

Can I trigger the Percpad with my pads? I don't want to have to try and strike the small pads on the Percpad.

Comment

Can I trigger the Percpad with my pads? I don't want to have to try and strike the small pads on the Percpad.
                              Other than the kick-input, the Percpad doesn't have trigger-ins. So that would be a 'No' I guess.

Also, from memory, it is fixed to transmitting midi on channel 10. This could be problematic if you trigger the td-10's 'percussion set' which is on 11.
                              Greetings from Switzerland,
                              - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                              X