X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-5 double kick usage

Has anyone used the KD-5 along with another kick trigger that is not a KD-5? I recently got an old TD-5 kit and it has a KD-5 trigger. I looked at the literature and it shows this can be hooked up with another KD-5 to give a double bass pedal but it shows that only another KD-5 can be used. the literature doesn't state that there are no other compatible kick triggers-just shows another KD-5?? I think the other one I have is a KD-7. It is the rubber type stand up pad.
    Thanks
    Howard
    Ignorant Newb-the following is in a state of flux. TD-6/TD-3 "Stacked" modules. PD-85BK Snare, FD-7 HH Pedal/CY-8, 2 CY-8 Crash/Ride,4-Alesis RealHead Toms with Pearl Muffle Head Mesh conversion, VST-AD, Behringer headphone amp, Audiophile 192 PCI card.

Well, you can physically hook up any trigger to it, but since there will be no individual adjustments, the two triggers must match ins sensitivity, etc.
    TD-9 module, MDS-4 rack, PD-100 modded 2-zone snare, PD-80R + PD-80 modded + PDX-8 toms, VH-11 hi-hat, Yamaha PCY135 crash x 2, PCY135 modded 3-zone ride, KD-8 bass

Comment

Yup, sensitivity and matching feel, if having that concerns you. I've even have 2 kd-8s that aren't well matched in sensitivity and it would drive me nuts when paralleled on the same trigger input from single pedals, so I went to a dbl kick pedal setup for now.

Comment

Originally posted by challenger View Post
        Has anyone used the KD-5 along with another kick trigger that is not a KD-5? I recently got an old TD-5 kit and it has a KD-5 trigger. I looked at the literature and it shows this can be hooked up with another KD-5 to give a double bass pedal but it shows that only another KD-5 can be used. the literature doesn't state that there are no other compatible kick triggers-just shows another KD-5?? I think the other one I have is a KD-7. It is the rubber type stand up pad.
        The KD-5 manual does suggest that a KD-7 could be hooked up that way, as well as another KD-5. But a KD-7 is not a stand up pad, so that's not what you have.

Originally posted by twistero View Post
        Well, you can physically hook up any trigger to it, but since there will be no individual adjustments, the two triggers must match ins sensitivity, etc.
        The KD-5 does have an Output Level Control to reduce its signal though, if it happens to be the hotter of the two.

Bruce
        • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
        • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Would the signal sensitivity apply in a VST environment or is it a concern for stand alone play. If I decided to use it then it would be through AD???
          Ignorant Newb-the following is in a state of flux. TD-6/TD-3 "Stacked" modules. PD-85BK Snare, FD-7 HH Pedal/CY-8, 2 CY-8 Crash/Ride,4-Alesis RealHead Toms with Pearl Muffle Head Mesh conversion, VST-AD, Behringer headphone amp, Audiophile 192 PCI card.

Comment

Anything connected with trigger signal strength (or trigger settings) will affect both internal module sounds and external MIDI output.

Bruce
            • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
            • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Thanks for this great information.
              Howard

Comment

Working...
              X