X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any BOSS DB-90 users? Counting in.

I was hoping to use my DB-90 as a count in but looking at the manual it only counts in as a prelude to the chosen click.

I find it strange that between the 9KX2 and the DB-90 I don't have the option of count in only?

I'll be triggering the metronome via a foot switch but the idea of having to stomp on it again at the end of the count in will drive me to distraction, especially being a newcomer to drumming. It would be introducing an unnecessary hurdle.

If anyone knows a way the count in can be controlled on the DB-90 I would appreciate your experience.
    A drum kit. That's it.

I can't see a way to do a count in only with a DB-90 or TD-9 either. It is a shame that neither has the ability to do something simple like that.

Bruce
    • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
    • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Thank you for taking a look Bruce. Seems odd considering they both have inbuilt coaching facilities.

Best I can manage with the DB is a count-in followed by 8 bars of click and then 8 bars without, on a loupe (probably a technical term for this).

All is good and I'm settled in with it.
      A drum kit. That's it.

Comment

Working...
      X