X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions- Rubber Beaters?

I have an Iron Cobra double pedal and I have been using the Tama rubber beaters with my KD-85. They seem to mark up the head quite a bit (and even get to the underlying foam). When I got my KD-120 I decided to try the Roland plastic beaters (figuring that things will stay pristine longer) and I just can't seem to play with those things. While I mess around with technique, I'm thinking about going back to the Tama rubber beaters.

I UTFSE and there isn't a lot written about rubber beaters. It seems like everyone is using felt with a patch or plastic. Is there any reason to not use rubber?
    Last edited by HD2Pct; 04-06-12, 05:27 PM.
    TD-20 module, PD-125x1, PD-105x3, VH-11, CY-12R/Cx3, KD-120, PM-30. Obviously various other triggers for situations where more cowbell is needed, etc.

Update- this was not about going to from the Tama rubbers to the big Roland plastic (or hard rubber) beaters. It was about adjusting the pedal to the new beater weight distribution. The problem is fixed. I lowered the board and decreased the beater distance slightly and most important, used the beater balancers! I wasnt using them on the Tamas and put them 60% of the way up on the Roland beaters and now everything is great.
    TD-20 module, PD-125x1, PD-105x3, VH-11, CY-12R/Cx3, KD-120, PM-30. Obviously various other triggers for situations where more cowbell is needed, etc.

Comment

Working...
    X