X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help badly! [TD-4 cable]

Hey guys,I am kinda new to electronic drums. I need help. I bought a Td9KX setup without a module, later i bought a Roland td4 module. Now my problem is when i connect my Td4 module with the cable from the Td9 the module goes crazy.The kick triggers the snare(the rim and snare together), the snare triggers the kick(with hi-hat), some pads don't even make sounds, everything's messed up. I tried on the module to tweak some options but that didn't do the trick. Here's my pad config:Snare pd-105, toms-pd-85, kick-kd8,cymbals cy-8, cy-5.
    My question is what is the problem and how could i fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated,thanks.

You should have gotten a cable snake with that td4 module that you bought or you need to just add extensions and reconfigure the inputs to the appropriate pads. I guess the pin out to a td9 is different than a td4
    TD9-V2, TMC-6, VH-11, 2x PCY135, 1x PCY155 modded, 1x PCY130SC, 1x CY5, 1x CY8, 1x PD120, 4x PD85, 1x KD8, DW3500T hihat stand, P1002 pro double pedal, Behringer K3000FX, Tascam US122L
    Vexpressions
    Vdrumlib

Comment

i bought it used,the jerk didn't even send me the holder for the module,only the module and the power cable.How can i reconfigure the inputs ?

Comment

I've tried googling the different pinout-wirings:

TD-9 wiring is here.

TD-4 and HD-1 I found here.

Maybe it'll be useful to you...!
        Greetings from Switzerland,
        - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

You probly need to order a TD-4 cable snake.
          8 Piece Smokey Chrome/Acrylic w/DIY Pans http://quartzpercussions.com/home_en.html 2BoxDrumIt5x2, DIY Acrylic Spl/Ch, Gen16 Hats/Rides/Ch/Spl, Assorted Gen16 Conversion Cymbals http://www.stealthdrums.com/,DW Remote,SleishmanTwin/QuadSteele Conversion, http://www.drumagination.com/drum-pe...com/mk_pro.php Gibraltar & DrumFrame rack systems
          www.airbrushartists.org/dreamscapeairbrushrealm

Comment

I looked at the pinout writings it pretty much accurate with mine,i have mono on the kick and hi hat control,all others are stereo cables.only the 3 toms don't match, they should be mono but are stereo,maybe thats the problem those 3 toms?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ivannn View Post
              i bought it used,the jerk didn't even send me the holder for the module,only the module and the power cable.How can i reconfigure the inputs ?
              That sucks because this is not useful without it, I'd be sending him some emails explaining the trouble he has caused you now and see if there is a bit of a refund he can offer so you can call and order it directly with roland. Try a wanted add too because you just never know maybe someone killed their td4 and have the plate and snake they could help you out with. Another option is to by a male and female db25 connectors and make a breakout cable that you can wire up using the info hairmetal-81 provided, it would be easy enough using a digital meter and doing a continuity test to figure out what wire goes to which input on the td9 snake, may be more than you care to do though.
              TD9-V2, TMC-6, VH-11, 2x PCY135, 1x PCY155 modded, 1x PCY130SC, 1x CY5, 1x CY8, 1x PD120, 4x PD85, 1x KD8, DW3500T hihat stand, P1002 pro double pedal, Behringer K3000FX, Tascam US122L
              Vexpressions
              Vdrumlib

Comment

useless info deleted
                Last edited by kurtus420; 04-06-12, 03:31 PM.
                Vexpressions
                Vdrumlib

Comment

I looked at the pinout writings it pretty much accurate with mine,i have mono on the kick and hi hat control,all others are stereo cables.only the 3 toms don't match, they should be mono but are stereo,maybe thats the problem those 3 toms?!?
                  I just looked at the wiring too and they are a bit different, right off the bat you can see that on the td4 pin 1 in snare on the td9 it is the kick and so on, you need that td4 cable or you will need to cut the end off the td9 cable and rewire it using the td4 wiring diagram or make a breakout cable so you can use that td9 cable again if you upgrade to a td9.

this is easier to see what I mean, you need the pins to match up

Last edited by kurtus420; 04-06-12, 03:38 PM.
                  Vexpressions
                  Vdrumlib

Comment

yea,thanks for the info guys! i guess the cable is the problem then, i called the ******* he wants me to pay for the cable,well I'l pay i wanna play drums,haven't played for a while.

Comment

yea,thanks for the info guys! i guess the cable is the problem then, i called the ******* he wants me to pay for the cable,well I'l pay i wanna play drums,haven't played for a while.
                      You should tell him you ALREADY paid for the cable being that they are supposed to come WITH the module as the module is useless without it! People suck sometimes.
                      8 Piece Smokey Chrome/Acrylic w/DIY Pans http://quartzpercussions.com/home_en.html 2BoxDrumIt5x2, DIY Acrylic Spl/Ch, Gen16 Hats/Rides/Ch/Spl, Assorted Gen16 Conversion Cymbals http://www.stealthdrums.com/,DW Remote,SleishmanTwin/QuadSteele Conversion, http://www.drumagination.com/drum-pe...com/mk_pro.php Gibraltar & DrumFrame rack systems
                      www.airbrushartists.org/dreamscapeairbrushrealm

Comment

I agree with Daniel. You should *definitely not* pay for something you have already paid before!
                        Greetings from Switzerland,
                        - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

i called the ******* he wants me to pay for the cable,well I'l pay i wanna play drums,haven't played for a while.
                          Just return the module and ask for your money back. You can always buy one from another person. Also, when you buy a new module, it comes with the cable and mounting plate in the box. So, the total $ that you are paying this guy for the module + the cable better be cheaper than the cost of a new module which already comes with the extras.

BTW, you can also buy the cable from Roland, so check how much they charge before you give this guy any more of your money.

-SD-

Comment

Just call the guy and tell him that it isn't working (you get no sound from the triggers) and you are going to return it. This wasn't an eBay thing was it?
                            TD-20 module, PD-125x1, PD-105x3, VH-11, CY-12R/Cx3, KD-120, PM-30. Obviously various other triggers for situations where more cowbell is needed, etc.

Comment

nah,i got the module for like 300euro,its new,never been used,but the new one in the music store is like 400euros,hah they charge you 18% taxes,can you believe that?!?!?,anyway so i guess he thought he should just remove the cable and the holder because of the price,im from serbia and people here really like to fu'k you over whenever they get the chance to..now I called him he said that the cables come with the roland stand not the module..i can't even be angry anymore its just the nonsense people talk to you everyday its frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X