Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD9X2 Changing set up from left to right handed?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD9X2 Changing set up from left to right handed?

I want to pan all the kits within the masters 50 pack before I back them up an create my own mixed pack in V-Lib, but the panning in the module was set up as left handed. Does anyone know how to switch it over as I've spent a couple of hours reading the manuals and searching the net to no avail.

Hugh.
    A drum kit. That's it.

I've just thought, is the panning L-R considered as listening from the audience perspective and not the drummers, which would explain me thinking the module was set up for a leftie?

Hugh.
    A drum kit. That's it.

Comment

Does the module have the version 2 update?
      TD-20 module, PD-125x1, PD-105x3, VH-11, CY-12R/Cx3, KD-120, PM-30. Obviously various other triggers for situations where more cowbell is needed, etc.

Comment

APLI Version: 2.04
        Wave version 2.0

I'm pretty sure this was a silly question. I'm thinking that the L-R is from the audience perspective just as a sound engineer would think.
        A drum kit. That's it.

Comment

If you have v2 you change the virtual position of every trigger, I am pretty sure. Move stuff left, right, or center.
          TD-20 module, PD-125x1, PD-105x3, VH-11, CY-12R/Cx3, KD-120, PM-30. Obviously various other triggers for situations where more cowbell is needed, etc.

Comment

No; panning in all Roland TD modules is L-R from the drummer's perspective, and that's unusual amongst other MIDI instruments which mostly pan L-R from the audience perspective by default. (Roland used to point that out in some of their older manuals.)

I did nearly suggest that you just reverse the cables of your PM-30 satellite speakers, and wear your headphones backwards. Because otherwise the only option is to adjust each instrument in the mixer of each kit. (And I don't think a TD-9 Version 2 is any different from a TD-9 Version 1 when it comes to panning.)

Bruce
            • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
            • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
              . (And I don't think a TD-9 Version 2 is any different from a TD-9 Version 1 when it comes to panning.)

Bruce
              Yes, my miskake on that. I thought there was something different for v2, but it's the same.

In any case, why wouldn't the OP consider this solution?

Comment

Originally posted by HD2Pct View Post
                Yes, my miskake on that. I thought there was something different for v2, but it's the same.

maybe it's new to him?
                8 Piece Smokey Chrome/Acrylic w/DIY Pans http://quartzpercussions.com/home_en.html 2BoxDrumIt5x2, DIY Acrylic Spl/Ch, Gen16 Hats/Rides/Ch/Spl, Assorted Gen16 Conversion Cymbals http://www.stealthdrums.com/,DW Remote,SleishmanTwin/QuadSteele Conversion, http://www.drumagination.com/drum-pe...com/mk_pro.php Gibraltar & DrumFrame rack systems
                www.airbrushartists.org/dreamscapeairbrushrealm

Comment

Originally posted by HD2Pct View Post
                  I think he was hoping to avoid manually adjusting 20 pan settings (9 inputs x head/rim + kick/bell) in each of 99 kits and every backup/expansion pack.

Bruce
                  • Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90
                  • Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.

Comment

Yup its all new to me.

I reset the controller to factory, reset it again to factory and all is good. There be a ghost in that there module....

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I was going around the bend and back and forth over this.
                    A drum kit. That's it.

Comment

Working...
                    X