X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keiper Drums

Just wondering if anyone here (probably members from Europe) have heard of, seen or played a set of drums made by Keiper?

Theres lots on ebay-uk, but of course, you can't 'try before you buy'. I need a little portable jazz kit and they have a yammie hip-gig rip-off for a reasonable price, but I dont want to waste £200+.

Any views would be much appreciated.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-KEIP...QQcmdZViewItem

They look decent enough, but I've never heard of them.

The cymbals are probably ****e.... Looks ok..and DIRT CHEAP for a hip-gig style kit. They look as good as the low end pacfics and have the same hardware (it appears...I'm just going by photos...)

I would see if there is a local store that is familiar with them or contact them and see if they have a local distributor.

I would probably buy one if there was a model I could try out close to me for what it's worth.

E
    www.mypvshop.com - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "smokeless1" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

My thoughts exactly!

Just what I was thinking. I dont need the cymbals so they'd be off to e(vil)bay, (anything to do with you evil1?).

I can only find them on ebay, I'll try getting in touch with the company and ask if they do have any actual stockists. My teacher says that one of his other pupils had a keiper set for xmas and he's gonna ask about them on my behalf.

Even if they are a pile of horse plop, they'd sound reasonable ith decent heads, and I could even use my current toms on the BD if I had to, but I'm not gonna buy without finding out more about them first!

Anyone else?

Comment

they look awsome just wot i need i too am looking for a small jazz kit but am to tight to buy a yamaha hip gig as much as i want 1
        Reece
        TD-3, Roland Pads, Mapex throne, Mapex XLP18 Double pedal, Roland PM-10, Compaq Laptop, Behringer extras.

Comment

I've seen drum sets that looked just like that in pubs and small clubs in Europe. They sounded OK and fit with the other instruments whether the guitars were acoustic or amplified, and anyplace with a piano didn't have it drowned out by the drums either. I don't know if Keiper was the exact maker though. They seemed to work really good for the guys playing on little stages or a small space they had might have been limited to in the small pubs and bars.
          KITS:

- Vintage Tama Imperialstar Royal Pewter Double 26" Bass. Ultra power toms, zola coat shells. Tama SLP Vintage Steel Snare. Paiste Signature Series & 2002 Cymbals. AND A BIG CLUNKERíN COWBELL!!

- My bossís Vdrums.

Voice of an Angel. Body of a Goddess. Celebrity looks. Personality Plus. Piano whiz kid. Mistress of the keyboard.

But OMG my drumming scares the bejeebers out of small children and furry animals and Satan.

Comment

It could have been these...which also sound great:

The drummer (Loricat) from Catfight (awesome chicago area cover band) plays a champagne sparkle Hip gig.

http://www.catfightband.com/frame_index.html

E
            www.mypvshop.com - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "smokeless1" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Originally posted by evil1rox View Post
              It could have been these...which also sound great:

The drummer (Loricat) from Catfight (awesome chicago area cover band) plays a champagne sparkle Hip gig.

http://www.catfightband.com/frame_index.html

E
              Man i've been waiting for that catfight link!!!! These ladies are good!
              www.myspace.com/tongueingrooveTd 20 Purple Fade V Session Cy15, 2x Cy14, Cy8, Asi+ Crown k2 amps, BBE max. Legion 15's, Madison 18 subs, Tama,Yamaha hardware.
              Your never as good or bad as you think you are !

Comment

I never heard of them but checked out their site and pictures. Meow.
                KITS:

- Vintage Tama Imperialstar Royal Pewter Double 26" Bass. Ultra power toms, zola coat shells. Tama SLP Vintage Steel Snare. Paiste Signature Series & 2002 Cymbals. AND A BIG CLUNKERíN COWBELL!!

- My bossís Vdrums.

Voice of an Angel. Body of a Goddess. Celebrity looks. Personality Plus. Piano whiz kid. Mistress of the keyboard.

But OMG my drumming scares the bejeebers out of small children and furry animals and Satan.

Comment

MeowWOW!!! 3Cup, do you have red hair?
                  Too much stuff to list & a TD-20

Comment

No, brown. Sometimes blonde for S&Gs and I've done the chestnut brown that can look dark red sometimes too. But I like to wear purple and it goes with any color. I wonder if the Keiper drums were copied from the Yamahas or maybe the other way around.
                    KITS:

- My bossís Vdrums.

Comment

Originally posted by SIZZLE View Post
                      Man i've been waiting for that catfight link!!!! These ladies are good!
                      WE, meaning everyone in my band, go to usually everyone of their shows. They were trying to get us to name ourselves Dogfight...but we went the Lenny Bruce route instead.

They are pretty cool chicks to hang with too. Their former lead singer, Gina Glocksen is in the top 12 of American Idol this year.

E

Comment

Yamaha first, I think!

Hi 3Cup, I recon that Yamaha did it first, seeing as Keiper dont actualy make those kits themselves, they just slap a sticker onto the shell. I discovered a guy in the UK who sells the exact same kit, just without the sticker.

Hopefully, I'm gonna go see a set over my easter holiday to decide if I want to buy one. He's offered me a really good deal, and hopefully, they'll be good enough for a second...cough...cough...(third)...cough... acoustic kit. I've also priced up a complete set of new heads from thomann which works out around half the price of here in the UK, absolute bloomin joke!

Comment

keiper

You could ask this kid how he likes his

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWlSL...e=user&search=
                          Hart GigaPro, Roland TD-12, Pintech Visulite 3-zone 18" ride, Soundseat w/ mid-back rest,
                          Trick Pro 1-V Big Foot pedal,Ultrasone HI-FI 550 headphones,Taye GoKit, Bosphorus, Zildjian, Sabian

My kit http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Yea, seen that!

Thats what made me decide to look at them coz they sound pretty good for a basic-mid kit. Anyway, the heads are the biggest factor as to how the kit sounds, so we'll see...

Comment

I am a happy customer of Keyper, as i bought a guitar and a bass from them, and i have to admit the quality is really good for the price. I guess is the same for the drum set.

For the guitar, i did open it, and did a check that was a massive wood body, not a 'compressed paper' one...
                              Indeed the sustain is really long as the "Les Paul" is...

the same quality for the bass guitar...

I would go for this set....

Comment

Working...
                              X